Digital Engineer – React Developer
Aviva is revolutionising insurance and we want you to be at the forefront of it.
You’ll be joining Aviva at a really exciting time. We would love you to be a part of building great new innovative ways to engage with new and existing customers, on a portfolio of products that reach out to 17 million customers. It’s never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy. Our scrum teams work across a range of products such as Home, Motor and Travel insurance bringing in a combined £122m GWP and Breakdown insurance, pensions, retirement planning, protection and health. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic person who is passionate about all things web and new technology. You'll be exposed to challenges that typically involve translating creative visions into beautiful implementations and work closely with a highly skilled team to produce the best solutions possible. We want to speak to you if you are interested in working for a leading company, helping to drive forward the development of its websites. You will need to be confident taking design concepts through to delivery and fruition.
Within Aviva Digital we approach software delivery with an Agile mindset, focused on delivering small, frequent, value driven enhancements. We achieve this with our scrum teams; which include developers, testers, BAs and Solution Designer; to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
- You concentrate on building working software
- When the code leaves development it is production ready
- If you change code you only ever make it better: Ratchet
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed
- Keep re-use at the forefront of your mind
- Frequently deliver high value features to our customers
- Focus on building great stuff
- React, Redux, Immutable, etc.
- Jest / Enzyme – or similar test framework
- Practical experience of working using responsive design techniques
- A good level of understanding of Git
- Evidenced working knowledge of accessibility and the ability to assess sites including working to standards such as WCAG 2
- A passion for problem solving
- A strong portfolio of sites developed by you demonstrating the breadth of your skills
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Webpack / Babel
- Knowledge of site performance and optimisation
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with Adobe SiteCatalyst and Target Products
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420