Digital & PR,
Salary of up to/between £23,500 - £32,500
7 months ago
Full Time Flexible Opportunity
USD Run Team Technician
The purpose of the Developer
As a Technician you will be working with pricing and underwriting systems that are an integral part of Aviva’s Personal Lines Insurance solution. By using your knowledge and experience of software development you will help the team continue to deliver innovative and market leading solutions that support the goals and aspirations of the business.
The role includes:
- Development of solutions that support the demands of the business, and integrity and security of the organisation’s systems
- Refactoring/redesigning areas of the systems to improve efficiency and reliability
- Managing errors, identifying the root cause and deploying fixes quickly, communicating via various methods to ensure progress is relayed to relevant parties in a clear and timely manner
- Working closely with internal Pricing and Underwriting teams, project managers and business analysts to implement enhancements to existing software and the creation of new software to support new systems and products
- Contribute to team-orientated projects and workstreams using a variety of methodologies, including Agile
The role would require the following experience/skills
- Ability to plan development changes and communicate potential problems, issues and risk areas associated with the changes
- Ability to produce work of high quality on a tight deadline
- Proven excellent communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the business - both technical and non-technical personnel
- Background in Personal Lines Insurance and deep understanding of the products on offer
Other desirable but not essential skills (full training will be given) include
- Previous experience in the insurance industry and an awareness of the Personal Lines market
- Prior experience of ProductWriter and exposure to Polaris and ABI standards
- Working in an agile environment using Kanban and/or Scrum
- MS Excel and MS Excel formulae
- MS Excel VBA
- Testing – automated and non-technical
What's in it for you?
- Salary of up to/between £23,500 - £32,500
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly.
Contact details: Ben Dixon or firstname.lastname@example.org