At Air Products we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 70 years. With our atmospheric, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply innovative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Service Technician to be based around the south East England. You will be part of the UK&I Customer Engineering team where you will be the front-line face for our customers. You will be working mainly at customer sites from a fully stocked company supplied medium sized service van which has a bespoke racking system holding parts, hand and power tools and specialist installation and test equipment to allow you to complete your jobs.
As a Maintenance Service Technician, you will:
Install and maintain
- Cryogenic storage vessels ranging from a few hundred to several thousand liters typically holding liquid nitrogen, argon, oxygen and also liquid carbon dioxide which will connect to systems typically incorporating: Pipelines, Ambient and electrical vaporizers and Pressure, flow, level and temperature control instrumentation.
- Gas cylinders and cylinder packs as backups and primary supply.
- Any other allied equipment supplied and / or maintained by Air Products Customer Engineering such as:
- Small and large-scale generators.
- Leisure soft drink and beer dispense equipment.
- Food packaging and processing machines.
- Biomedical storage freezers and control systems.
- Cryo chambers/pods and cryo saunas.
As a Maintenance Service Technician, you will have:
- Qualification in an Electromechanical / Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical / Maintenance discipline or equivalent
- Previous experience of working to written schemes of examination to carry out PSSR inspections on pressure systems
- Proven Industrial installation and maintenance experience in a relevant industry
- A strong ability to work on your own initiative allowing you to problem solve and diagnose equipment and system faults relating to pressure and flow.
- Capacity to read layout drawings and system schematics (P&ID's)
- Ability to always work with integrity and maintain high standards
- A full Driving Licence
- Confidence and interpersonal skills when dealing with customers.
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status."