Norwich & York
Are you someone who:
- Enjoys a challenge where no two days are the same?
- Has an inquisitive mind and loves to solve a problem?
- Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands?
- Is collaborative with colleagues?
- Is organised and enjoys work with and managing multiple stakeholders?
- Would like to learn more about the UKI business?
- Likes to work off their own initiative, be proactive and can work independently?
- Enjoys negotiating with people and making decisions based on facts, as well as challenging the status quo to improve our security and risk environment?
If you answer yes to some or all of the above, we would love to meet you and discuss the opportunities we have in our team.
Purpose of the Role
We have an opportunity in UKI CIO to join our Risk & Governance Team.
In UKI CIO Risk & Governance we provide first line oversight of the UKI CIO risk environment. We support our IT Business Partners across UKI in their management of the IT risk and control environment and help drive forward remediation activity. We also provide holistic oversight and reporting against our risk environment and help support the IT functions in their management of risk.
Being part of the UKI CIO Risk & Governance team is an excellent opportunity to learn more about our UKI business. You will be working across General Insurance, Health & Protection, Corporate, Savings & Retirement, IT Third Party Supplier Management and Strategic Partnerships. You will also be working closely with our 1st and 2nd line risk colleagues across UKI and our global functions – Global Platforms, Group Infrastructure & Operations, CISO and Group Risk.
The UKI CIO Risk & Governance Team has colleagues based primarily within Norwich and York and are ideally looking for applicants in these areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the team you will be responsible for:
- Manage and support the risk environment of our IT Business Partners
- Aid assessments and remediation of our controls and operating risks
- Manage risk events which require oversight and coordination for quick resolution
- Providing holistic reports for the market in which you will be aligned to enable the IT Business Partner to understand their risk environment
- Provide advice, support and training to UKI CIO on our Aviva risk and governance processes
- Support the UKI CIO Risk & Governance Lead in the management of the wider UKI CIO risk environment
Skills & Experience required
- Project management skills
- Business analytical skills
- Experience of creating and monitoring tasks, project plans, action and risk logs
- Proven experience in working in the Insurance or Financial industry
- Passionate about improving our processes and business controls to protect our customers
- Good people skills and working collaboratively with the team and others
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Able to manage complex and technical situations and help people get to a resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing risk is desirable (e.g. risk event management, risk and control testing/assessments and an understanding of industry regulations)
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £30,000 - £50,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- 10% annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Zainab Ahmad in the Resourcing team.