Aviva’s Third Party Information Security Assurance (TPISA) team is currently seeking a Information Security Assurance Manager to join and assist with building the team. The team is responsible for providing assurance to the business on the quality of third party information security controls.
Aviva is a UK digital leader, we provide our service to 33 million online users and boast our presence in 16 countries (UK, Europe, Asia and Canada). Due to our success and FTSE 100 recognition we are internationally recognised as Aviva is the second largest general insurer in Canada!!
The Information Security Assurance Manager will be required to:
· Maintain the relationships with internal stakeholders, external consultants and Aviva suppliers to ensure that Aviva’s third party suppliers are assessed, on-boarded, monitored and off-boarded with appropriate due diligence or security maturity identification.
· Provide high quality assurance review delivery
· Carry out assurance activity for Aviva’s highest risk suppliers
· Lead the oversight of all supporting activities, including reporting, MI production and issue remediation
· Provide leadership as part of a globally facing team to oversee and provide supplier data security advice
· Carry out assurance activity on Aviva’s most critical Third Party suppliers, and QA the work of internal and external team members
· Operate as a key subject matter expert on all new supplier on-boarding activities including due diligence testing and security schedule contract negotiation
· Own the back-office functions and activities including TPSA scheduling, PMO and remediation tracking
· Build internal team capability through recruitment and development
· Provide training and education to the business
· Support the ongoing identification and implementation of improvements to the TPISA process to reflect the changing threat environment and best practice assurance approaches
· Experience of providing security supplier assurance in a complex global organisation
· In-depth knowledge of all domains within security, in particular in relation to third parties
· Ability to lead a high-performing, customer-focused team
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· Ability to explain technical complex concepts to non-technical audience
· Experience of third party information security contracting is desirable
· A recognised security certification (e.g. CISM, CISA, CISSP or CRISC)
What will you get for this role?
• Salary - Competitive depending on skills, experience and qualifications
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review
• Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
• Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
• Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7612 or at email@example.com