London, Bristol, Home Based Other
Aviva provides around 31 million customers worldwide with insurance, savings and investment products. We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand. We are committed to serving our customers well to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
The UKI CISO team lead the security strategy for all UK Markets. Currently a team of 24 with plans to grow to 35 within 2018.
The team will be working to the below Mandate within the overall CISO function:
- Accountable for security risk management, dedicated security support, and security assurance.
- Responsible for handling security risks and ensuring that security operational requirements are met or exceeded, as well as driving forward the global security strategic integration programmes
- The key interface from a security leadership perspective with the UKI CIO’s, ensuring adequate budget, resource, and management focus on leading security risks
- Will act as the control and facilitation point for security related tasks and activities, which are executed in the broader local organisation in order to ensure a reliable end to end chain of responsibility from group to local execution.
- Responsible for driving forward standards of excellence within security and through discussions with the Group CISO setting the local strategy and contributing into the group strategy for security.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure that the UK markets have an effective supplier assurance and monitoring system that ensures Aviva’s corporate information and client’s confidential data is kept secure while being held or processed by third parties.
Please note that this role’s location is flexible and will require travel to various other locations within the Aviva portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the supplier assurance programme for all critical suppliers holding or having access to Aviva confidential information
- Manage the supplier criticality assessment process for key suppliers
- To establish effective communication processes with the Global Supplier Assurance Team to ensure that UK & Ireland requirements are achieved without unnecessary duplication of work.
- To liaise and communicate effectively with Supplier Relationship Managers regarding any security issues arising with their suppliers
- To manage the critical supplier assurance programme ensuring compliance with the Global Information Security Mandatory Controls, as applicable, and the defined UK & Ireland process.
Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) preferably in Technology or Information Security
- Proven management experience with demonstrable experience of supplier assurance and auditing
- Proven experience of working with internal and external customers and technical teams
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen, motivate and influence at all levels internally and externally
- Good knowledge of information security principles and processes
- Experience of the UK financial services industry preferred
- Experience of working to challenging deadlines and ability to demonstrate initiate especially when under pressure
- Literate and numerate with strong analytical skills and ability to analyse information and situations, draw conclusions and present findings
What will I get from this role
- Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills & experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alex Stumpo in the Resourcing team at email@example.com