Norwich, Bristol, Perth, York, Eastleigh
A job that really matters.
Do you love that feeling of knowing something is working really well?
Do you want a career where you know you're making a difference?
Our testing community work hard every single day to make sure that our products and services do exactly what our customers need them to; at Aviva we defy uncertainty.
The Release, Test & Transformation team provides shared services across IT Platforms and beyond, enabling outstanding delivery, trouble free operations and transforming how we do things.
A key element of what Aviva do is the delivery of risk assessed software change. The test team is responsible for software testing throughout the software development process, ensuring that the software functions and performs as expected.
What will you be doing?
As a key member of our Test team, you will use your knowledge of test tools (automation, optimisation, performance etc) and techniques to build and run test automation scripts to support both functional and non-functional test activities.
Using your experience you will advise on the proper use of (test) technology to ensure we deliver amazing quality for our customers; preventing defects whilst ensuring we deliver to time and cost.
You will assist the transformation of your colleagues from predominately manual testing to a position of test engineering. You'll supporting your colleagues through mentoring and building a learning environment with out team and beyond.
We work together
As an Aviva tester, you'll enjoy working with outstanding individuals within our change structure for the delivery, quality and planning of work and to help increase your skills. We have top Scrum Masters, Project Coordinators, Software Engineers and Designers who you'll deliver products with every single day
As part of the testing community of Test Engineers, Test Specialists and Test Services Managers, we'll be working together to help transform how we test at Aviva.
You'll have the opportunity to work with third parties and be part of a fast-growing external network of testing professionals, sharing ideas and bringing the best ones back into Aviva to help us get even better.
From day 1 you'll be making a difference by:
- being involved in developing project/programme level test strategies across all functional/non-functional test types.
- planning and running meetings and some workshops so we know what we need to test.
- leading testing planning and helping to estimate work; shaping the backlog and inputting to sprint planning or high level test plans. You'll understand risks and issues we face and help address them, either through your expertise or by helping others.
- Using your automation knowledge to understand how we can do even more amazing work; developing automation frameworks and giving advice and mentorship to your team-mates. You'll learn lessons and help us to get better in the future.
- At times you'll take responsibility for the production & sign off of all testing output, making sure the output is right and on time.
- Guiding software quality specialists and ensuring lessons learnt are shared across the Assurance community. This could include specific specialisms, such as Automation, BDD or Performance Engineering.
Want to join us?
We're looking for people who love testing; we want you to be able to show us that you live testing as much as us. Join our community by showing us that you have:
- Significant experience of more using than one test methodology.
- Knowledge of various quality standards in use throughout the industry.
- Experience leading within and across different test types throughout the delivery lifecycle (DLC), including V-Model, Agile or Waterfall
- Amazing knowledge of the use & management of testing tools and automation software, ideally including Non-Functional Testing.
- The ability to influence Behaviour driven development and test driven development.
- Significant knowledge of key factors influencing our business & the IT industry.
- Consistent results in test analysis, test lead & test management, quality deliveries & application of technical/professional expertise across multiple platforms/applications.
- Insurance business &/or previous IT test experience.
- Analysis, planning, scheduling & co-ordination aligned to strategic awareness applied to all aspects of the role.
- In depth understanding of how to define & handle risks, issues & interdependencies as they relate to projects/programmes.
- Works closely with other roles and teams.
- Demonstrable ability to instigate & lead change initiatives within own area/community.
- Maintaining a network of contacts & using where appropriate.
Aviva is an equal opportunities employer. Bring the best of you to Aviva and we'll give you great pay, extraordinary opportunities and a chance for you to really make a difference in what you do.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of circa £34,000 depending on experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus of 8% and annual pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Zainab Ahmad in the Resourcing team.