Over the past 2 years Aviva has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and we continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation. Aviva are a disruptor that is transforming the way customers engage with our products and services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is core to the Aviva Global Digital strategy. You will work within our scrum teams alongside our GSP’s to help shape and implement a modern quality approach into the evolving Digital estate.
You will be passionate about delivering quality outcomes to our customers, ensuring that as a team we embed quality throughout the delivery. Champion a culture of continuous improvement from both a technical and process perspective. We will support you to challenge the status quo both within your team and across the wider Digital organisation and assist in the adoption of creative solutions and improvements ensuring that:
- Test engineering standards and processes support quality outcomes for customers
- When code goes into Production that it is of high quality both from a service and functional perspective
- Deliver high quality testing using modern software engineering techniques, TDD/BDD, Automation, SV
- Actively participate in 3-amigos participation to define Acceptance Criteria's for user stories to meet all quality requirements (eg unhappy path as well as functional testing)
- Work with BAs to create Test Scenarios in a BDD (Given, When, Then) format and document them using appropriate tools (eg Java, Cucumber)
- Work with Software Engineers and be responsible for creation of step definitions for the BDD tests
- Create, schedule, monitor, track & maintain automated test suites & scripts to validate functional quality and to expedite regression testing – taking ownership for the results and promote team ownership for quality (not just as gatekeepers)
- Support Non-Functional testing for deliveries from the beginning of the development ensuring our platform remains fit for service
- Perform exploratory testing and manual testing when appropriate for scenarios that can’t be automated.
- Highlight blockers impacting scrum teams functional/non-functional testing and either owning resolution or help mitigate/call out as appropriate
- Support Test Managers & Test Architects in the development of Test Strategy and standard methods
- Help develop T-shaped skilled set across the scrum teams in order to support future platform operating model
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420