Digital & PR,
Salary is competitive
3 months ago
As a Test Consultant based in Norwich, you will be working with pricing and underwriting systems that are an integral part of Aviva’s Commercial Insurance solution. By using your expert knowledge and experience of testing methods and practices you will help the team deliver innovative and market leading solutions that support the goals and aspirations of the business as well as improve internal processes.
The Test Consultants roles include
- Defining test strategies and approaches for a broad range of developments including Projects, small changes and errors
- Assisting and guiding a team of highly talented testers, providing technical leadership and mentoring
- Working with an experienced Test Consultant to help drive continuous improvement by redesigning/refactoring existing plans and packs to improve efficiency
- Being technology & tool agnostic and recommending new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing
- Creating and maintaining test plans/packs and test procedures, taking ownership of defects throughout the lifecycle as well as evaluating testing requirements
- Working closely with external partners, internal Pricing and Underwriting teams, Project managers and business analysts to assist in the delivery of enhancements to existing software and the creation of new software to support new systems and products
- Contribute to team-orientated projects and workstreams using a variety of methodologies, including Agile SCRUM/KANBAN and traditional waterfall
The Test Consultant would require the following experience/skills
- Experience in project-based, small enhancement and error driven software testing and experience with QA tools (e.g. JIRA) and processes
- Clear understanding of test principles, practices and techniques and industry best practices
- Hands on experience with automated testing and tools (e.g. Selenium, QTP) and methods
- Experience in creating, executing and maintaining test cases as well as test plans with the ability to produce work of high quality on a tight deadline
- Ability to plan tasks and changes and communicate potential problems, issues and risk areas associated with the changes
- Proven excellent communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the business - both technical and non-technical personnel
Other desirable but not essential skills (training and education available) include
- Previous experience in the insurance industry and an awareness of the Commercial market
- Prior experience of ProductWriter and exposure to Polaris and ABI standards
- Excel formulas and VBA and/or other programming/developing experience
- ISEB / ISTQB certification
What’s in it for the Test Consultant?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a professional, high quality and respectful environment where you’ll join passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds across all areas of the business
- The opportunity for a clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and progress through their preferred career path
- The freedom to develop high quality solutions and see them through from inception to Live delivery
- A generous salary and pension scheme, along with a wide range of flexible benefits and wellbeing initiatives
What will you get for this role?
- Salary is competitive
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Saima Akram in the Resourcing team on 0121 779 1449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org