Location : Solihull.
Salary : £44k - £56k per annum/pro rata DOE.
Flexibility : Full time flexi Start/Finish OR Part time within a Job Share.
About the company
Randstad Sourceright the specialist outsourcing organisation within Randstad Group who is the world's leading HR and Recruitment outsourcing company. We strategically work with over 500 clients and are proud of our track record in impacting the world of work positioning skilled professionals in a number of high profile projects per year. At Randstad Sourceright we invest heavily in innovation and technology and have visibility coupled with access to the latest thinking on the trends impacting the world of work from our Talent Innovation Centre.
We are expanding our client services and portfolio and have a unique opportunity for professionals to join RSR as an Employed Consultant whilst delivering against strategic client programmes of work. We have a strong belief in the positive impact of diversity & inclusion on the world of work and we have a strong focus on championing mentoring programmes and continuous skills development.
This opportunity is to join our Employed Consultant team working onsite at our client to deliver the GB Smart Metering Implementation Programme (SMIP). This is the national rollout of Smart Meters to all homes in Great Britain. The Smart Meter Test Lab Technician (2nd Line Support workers) will be accountable for helping with initial set up of the lab devices, on-going maintenance of device swap outs and general support.
Our client is a well-known company in the telecoms sector, they are looking to hire a System Testers to provide line support professional’s to join the test lab team, based in Solihull.
Technical experience with smart meter devices or relevant devices in utilities is only a plus, there is training provided.
· Meter swap outs - Gas and Electric
· Meter Emulator Software & Firmware upgrades
· Installation of Test Slot smart meter sets as per Test Schedule
· Conduct inductions/ refresh inductions for visitors
· Responsible for cleaning smart meter sets on installations and removals
· Help identify and deliver improvements to procedures, processes and facilities
· Help manage and resolve issues relating to hardware, devices and facilities
Essential skills, attributes and experience:
· Has to be competent with basic electrical installation
· External Stakeholder management skills and experience
· Experienced IT 2nd line support professional (software upgrade/installations etc.)
· Has wide experience and deep understanding of all aspects of test environments and test processes
· Logical thinker able to work collaboratively
· Shows initiative and makes time available to ensure general technical competencies are met
· Prioritisation of own workload to ensure timely and quality delivery to key stakeholders
· Knowledge of Service Management and ITIL disciplines
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
· Experience in the following industries: metering/utilities/telecommunications & IT
Employed Consultant Division
At Randstad Sourceright, we are seeking experienced professionals to join our expanding Employed Consultant division as a permanent Randstad employee.
As an Employed Consultant you will have the opportunity and flexibility to work across our impressive client portfolio whilst enjoying Randstad employment benefits such as:
· Stability of a permanent contract whilst gaining access to varied programmes of work
· The Opportunity to work on a variety of projects with RSR clients
· Training & Development programme
· Performance based bonus
· Permanent employee benefits scheme
· Exposure to internal positions within Randstad in the UK and globally
· Flexible working options
To join our team email your CV now, by clicking the APPLY button below.