There are a number of key strategic partners and suppliers in the Workplace and Networks area who are responsible for delivering mission critical services to Aviva and its customers.
These services include network connectivity, unified communications, voice and video services, email and collaboration as well contact centre technologies.
The role is accountable for ensuring that the partners and suppliers fulfil their contractual performance obligations in providing services to Aviva.
The role is part of the Workplace and Networks team, within Global Infrastructure & Operations. The team has end to end accountability for the services delivered to the Aviva customer base as well as all project change delivery in this area.
This role will suit somebody who is passionate about providing high quality services to customers.
You will be managing the performance of a number of key, strategic partners – some of the most important partners to the Aviva business
You will need to build relationships with key stakeholders within Aviva (procurement, service management, legal etc) and within the partner organisations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ownership of the day to day relationship with suppliers in the Workplace and Networks technical tower
- Chairing regular performance reviews with suppliers, according to the governance framework
- Reviewing operational performance against contracted SLA’s and supplier performance against key contractual obligations
- Managing a team of partner and supplier aligned Performance staff
- Working with partners and suppliers to build Service Improvement Plans as required
- Reporting on partner and supplier performance to internal stakeholders
- Work in partnership with the Group Strategic Sourcing function in determining future supplier strategy, including sourcing
- Act as an internal escalation point for underperformance of suppliers
Skills & Experience required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPS qualification desirable
Skills and Knowledge
- Relationship management
- Supplier management
• Strong experience in leading supplier relationships at a senior level
• Senior stakeholder management experience
• Experience of working in a multi source environment
• Experience of managing IT service delivery
• Leading people and small to medium sized teams
At Aviva how we achieve our goals is as important as what we do. Behaving in line with our values is essential to performing effectively at Aviva
- Care More - Care like crazy about our customers each other and the communities we operate in
- Kill Complexity - Be obsessed with making things simpler for our customer and each other – manage complexity so our customers don’t have to
- Never Rest - Be driven every single day to be edgy, think bigger and do better for our customers and each other.
- Create Legacy - Strive to create a future for our customers and each other which is every bit as bright and sustainable as others created before us
What will you get for this role?
- Salary £55,000 - £90,000 + 12% annual bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- 29 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Zainab Ahmad in the Resourcing team.