Working with internal stakeholders, external consultants and Aviva suppliers to ensure that all suppliers are assessed or on-boarded with appropriate due diligence or security maturity identification. Assist with supporting activities including PMO functions and remediation.
This is a global suite of services provided as a front office function regarding everything supplier related within the data security arena. The role will focus on providing a clear line of sight between effective due diligence of a supplier and financial loss or reputational damage as a result of a data breach.
- Work as part of a global team to provide supplier data security advice and guidance
- Provide subject matter expertise on all new supplier on-boarding activities including due diligence testing and security schedule contract negotiation
- Perform on-site Third-Party Security Assessment (TPSA) assessments of all critical suppliers within the UK & Ireland, Europe and worldwide that transmit, process or store Aviva related data
- Work with existing and new suppliers to confirm exit strategy, data retention and data return measures
- Assist with back-office functions and activities including TPSA scheduling, PMO, Reporting and remediation tracking.
- Assist the team in a continuous improvement regime.
- To work collaboratively with teams from other disciplines within Aviva and with the supplier.
- Manage concurrent complex activities to short timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver good quality assessment reports.
- Timeliness of responding to supplier queries
- Delivery of new supplier on-boarding completion.
- Delivery of on-site Third Party Security Assessment (TPSA) reports
- Delivery of key MI to support the reporting function across markets
- Be prepared to travel for assessments (includes international) – between 30-40%.
- A recognised security certification such as CISSP, CISA or CISM is desirable but not essential
- In depth experience in an information security related role.
- Good knowledge of all domains within security e.g. BCM, Physical, GDPR / Data Protection, Cloud, Security Management
- Ability to explain technical complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience of conducting high level assessments and deep dive multi-day assessments or audits.
- Ability to produce high quality audit or assessment reports.
- Experience of conducting contractual mark-up and negotiation with suppliers
- Ability to provide PMO and reporting activity in support of a broader function
- Good communication and influencing and negotiation skills;
- Experience in similar role for a complex global organisation (insurance or financial services sector preferred but not essential).
- Previous experience with Archer is advantageous but not essential
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on email@example.com