I am currently working with a great pub group based in Oxfordshire and the surrounding counties. They have consistently been in the Sunday Times top 100 companies to work for.
They are currently looking for a strong Sous Chef to join the team at one of their pubs near to Oxford. They serve 100% fresh food so you will need to know your stuff and be capable of producing food from scratch. The pub has lots of control on the menu and serves the best of British produce.
- Job Role: Sous Chef
- Location: Near Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Salary: Starting at £28,000 per year, plus £4K to £7K tips and Profit share bonus
- Hours: 48 hours per week spread over 8 shifts + Extra shifts get overtime pay
- Partnership options and career development opportunities
- Write your own menus
- Fresh Seasonal Food
- Fun and Professional work environment
- Achievable work life balance
- Christmas day off
- 25% off when you eat in any of the Pubs
- Quarterly Management training and inspiration days
- Adventure Days
- Performance related incentives
- Child Care Vouchers
- Love cooking, being on the pass, and leading the team from the front line
- Passionate about great, seasonal ingredients, and are able to write menus and specials that reflect this
- Ambition - you want to be a Head Chef
- Thrives and remains calm under pressure
- Assist in building an inspired, knowledgeable well trained team
- Build strong supplier relationships
- Understanding of growing the business and achieving all financial targets in order to ensure your kitchens success
- Work closely with the GM and FOH team
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.