York, Bristol, Perth, Norwich, Eastleigh, London (UK)
Solution Architects are accountable for creating end-to-end infrastructure solutions for key initiatives, projects and feature teams for Aviva UK and Group. Operating as part of the Global Architecture team the role holder supports, enhances and promotes the process and delivery of Architecture across the organisation.
The role is expected to;
- Define end-to-end solutions for infrastructure change.
- Create designs that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service, and security point of view.
- Deliver solutions that progress the overall architecture journey and are aligned to Aviva’s IT Strategy.
- Comply with standards, design approaches and governance.
Key aspects of the role:
Solutions and Assurance:
- Create solutions and design for projects to meet Aviva’s standards for technology and ensure they meet our ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance.
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions.
- Work with product owners, architects, development and infrastructure teams and other project colleagues to agree trade-offs between, long-term and short term goals.
- Responsible for the integrity of the end-to-end technical solution, including transition states used to achieve the target state.
- Shape and estimate IT initiatives and feature team sprints, ensuring that component parts deliver against business outcomes.
- Provide leadership on key designs to ensure the long term strategic goals of Aviva IT are met as well as short term project needs.
- Ensure design artefacts are produced to support stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering.
- Peer review the design artefacts of others.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to less experienced team members as required.
Design Community Leadership:
- Contribute to the Solution Architecture community across Aviva Group leading on or participating in initiatives to improve Aviva’s approach to design.
- Develop your technical skills to support Aviva’s need to understand and exploit emerging technology trends.
Problem Solving and Change:
- Recommend design solutions or ideas in response to challenges faced by your project or feature team in line with policy, process and other guidelines.
- Accountable for recommending change based on expert know how and analysis.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Excellent design skills.
- Strong knowledge of end to end project lifecycle methodologies (mainly agile).
- Strong technical experience. This maybe broad experience with the ability to apply it across a variety of customer and business scenarios; or strong domain specialisms to maximise the benefit of technology in key areas e.g. Networks, Cloud & Hosting and End User Computing.
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions.
- Ability to balance long-term direction and necessary short term goals.
- Good communication skills with the ability to provide technical guidance to peers and project colleagues.
- Strong personal impact and influence.
- Good stakeholder and relationship management.
- Leadership skills.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills & experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Luke Goffin in the Resourcing team.