Aviva is revolutionising insurance and we want you to be at the forefront.
You’ll be joining Aviva at a really exciting time; working on a portfolio of products that reach out to 17 million customers and building new and innovative ways to engage and interact with new and existing customers. It’s never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our global strategy.
Our award-winning customer portal, MyAviva, allows our customers to access and maintain their Aviva policies. It’s been so successful it’s now a global platform which we have launched in France, Italy, Poland, Canada and Singapore.
We also create and develop mobile apps and have our digital hubs which focus on new and emerging tech developments such as Alexa skills, chat bots and block chain.
We are looking for a Web Applications Software Engineer to join our Digital organisation, working within one of our teams to build and further evolve both new and existing products. You’ll sustain our culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective ensuring we adhere to good software engineering practises.
We’re particularly interested in:
- C# MVC framework Web Applications skills
- People with an agile way of thinking and a proven track record of developing and delivering great stuff on a frequent basis
- Developers that aren’t afraid to fail whilst also wanting to celebrate success
- Modern software engineering practices such as Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Source Code Management (GIT)
- Consuming web services
What you’ll do in more detail
You’ll be responsible for:
- Performing analysis, development and delivery of high quality web applications using Web development technologies ( C# MVC)
- Being a valued member of one of our scrum teams focused on:
- Delivering features and improvements to one of Aviva’s existing products
- Exploring and shaping new products or features during discovery phase with a view to establishing it as a key part of Aviva’s product suite in the future
- Contributing towards the improvement of coding standards and technical innovations to increase the quality and efficiency of delivery
- Providing technical knowledge and collaborating in teams operating across the Globe
- Fostering team spirit and collaboration
- Engaging and contributing to the technical capability of our products to ensure they are the best fit for our customers
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on firstname.lastname@example.org