- Are you a Software Developer that is passionate about innovation?
- Do you want to work with, and learn from encouraging, talented digital innovators?
- Are you seeking to join a business that is investing into building teams in Sheffield or Norwich?
Life in our Digital Teams
Over the past 2 years Aviva has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and we continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organization. We have built bespoke digital spaces for our teams in our London Digital Garage, Norwich, Bristol, and Sheffield.
Insurance is ripe for disruption and that is what we have been doing. In fact, we are a 320 year old disruptor that is transforming the way customers engage with our products and services.
We approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set; passionate about delivering small, value-driven improvements, regularly and often. Our collaborative scrum teams are made up of an exceptional mix of digital experts and innovators from a wide range of industries. We craft brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products.
We are looking for a Software Engineers/Java Developers to join the Integration and API team within our Digital organisation, working within one of our scrum teams to build and maintain the RESTful APIs that will underpin both ours and our partners’ digital applications
You will be responsible for:
- The creation of high-quality RESTful APIs within a specific business domain
- Owning the delivery of the API product from engagement with key partners through to the estimation of delivery, build and test
- Supporting & sharing standard methodology with teams
We’re particularly interested in talking to people with:
- Technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven)
- Any hands on experience of developing with RedHat FUSE, Apache ServiceMix or Apache Camel.
- Hands on experience of designing, building and supporting RESTful APIs
- Experience of modern software engineering practices include Continuous Delivery
- Strong experience of server side Java development and associated concerns (e.g. thread management, database access, ORM, security)
- Experience of working in large teams with a shared codebase, and designing & building for maintainability
If you have experience within Financial Services, or regulated environments, then that’s great. But did you know, we also encourage people to join us from outside of the industry too? The diversity in our teams is, in our opinion, is what makes Aviva an interesting and innovative place to be.
What will you get for this role?
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Equal parental leave for all parents (up to a year)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Aviva flexible benefits
- Employee discounts (up to 30% on products)
- Season ticket loan
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.