Software Engineer – B.I Administrator
Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a BI Administrator based in Norwich Island Site.
Your role will be to develop and support the increasing uptake of Business Intelligence through the use of strategic reporting tools such as Qlik Sense, Business Objects & TM1 to deliver reporting for UKI business. You’ll be leading the customer support processes, meeting the customer demands of Business Intelligence applications across the Aviva Group.
Your role will work closely with the Senior BI Administrators & Developers in supporting the BI applications. There will also be opportunity to work closely with customers & projects to analyse & shape reporting requirements, identify solutions and guide self service users with adoption of best practice.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for leading the support functions within the team to service & make process improvements – improving customer experience.
- Building close working relationships with Business customers. Providing advice, guidance, training and governance in their areas of expertise and contributing to the shaping of technical standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that processes, practices and standards within the team are consistent and compliant with Aviva standards.
- Analysing user requirements and identifying areas for modification ensuring the security, performance, monitoring and non-functional requirements are inherent within the design.
- Providing input to inform the shaping of new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives or projects on systems/applications.
- Development of solutions in line with the Aviva Groups data strategy. Will own and oversee the design of solutions across Business Intelligence applications architecture, meeting CISO, project and business needs.
- Provide technical guidance within the team for new/unfamiliar technologies.
Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of Qlik Sense, Business Objects and/or TM1 desirable.
- Good track record of managing relationships with key customers
- Excellent Requirements Gathering & Analysis Skillset.
- Approachable, Friendly and Customer Focussed.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication, both oral and written.
- Experience in working with teams using Agile methodologies like Scrum
What will you get for this role?
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Earl Daley on email@example.com