Digital & PR,
Salary is competitive
5 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Birmingham for a Senior Financial Lines Underwriters to join the Aviva Regional SME Trading UKGI teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Financial Lines Underwriter acts as a role model, coaching and mentoring the team, actively supporting trading and developing an action-orientated culture that celebrates success and learns quickly from mistakes. You will act as the technical expert within the South team and support the continual improvement in capability. You will be aligned to a portfolio of customers and brokers, developing the commercial book of business in order to maximise growth and profitability.
You’ll understand that working within our governance frameworks to make sure we’re risk compliant as an organisation is fundamental.
Skills & Experience required
The successful candidate will have key experience gained in a regional trading environment.
- Customer Knowledge – Understands customer requirements and can work within the Aviva operating principles and trading guidelines
- Portfolio Management – Understands the use of portfolio management in the team and the advantages of trading a portfolio of cases where appropriate.
- Insurance Business and Market – Have a detailed understanding of the insurance market.
- Understand Aviva’s key business goals, and how their role contributes.
- Use your understanding of Aviva’s product set to develop insurance solutions for our customers.
- Core Insurance Principles and Practice – Applies the core principles to everyday situations, promoting the importance of risk management. Proactively identifies own training and development needs and delivers appropriate solutions for self and others.
- Underwriting Authority and Qualifications – Should be working towards increasing their authority with the ultimate goal of achieving Level 1 in at least 1 of the principle classes. They should lead on governance and understand the Underwriting Quality and Capability Framework.
- They should be working towards a CII qualification and it is desirable that they should be ACII qualified.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary is competitive
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Saima Akram in the Resourcing team on 0121 779 1449 or email Saima.firstname.lastname@example.org.