Aviva is revolutionising insurance and we want you to be at the forefront of it.
Life in our Digital Teams
Over the past 2 years Aviva has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and we continue to move towards being a "Digital First" organization. We have built bespoke digital spaces for our teams in our London Digital Garage, Norwich and Bristol.
Insurance is ripe for disruption and that is what we have been doing. In fact, we are a 320 year old disruptor that is transforming the way customers engage with our products and services.
We approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set; passionate about delivering small, value-driven improvements, regularly and often. Our collaborative scrum teams are made up of an exceptional mix of digital experts and innovators from a wide range of industries. We craft brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products.
We are looking for a strong, experienced Senior Test Manager to join the growing Digital business across Aviva. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Agile Digital initiatives/features through testing & release within Global Digital Change.
The successful candidate will perform continuous engagement and planning with Digital Change Managers, Digital and UK Platform test managers & teams developing test strategy and enabling improvement & transformation of our test process. The ability to successfully communicate with senior management and business stakeholders is essential.
You will be well versed in understanding & engaging upcoming business change, analysing testing requirements and developing the appropriate test and resourcing strategies to meet our delivery & business outcomes.
This role is both delivery and transformation focused, supporting our drive to achieve test coverage earlier into the lifecycle, reducing cycle time and increasing the focus on achieving test outcomes from within our software engineering teams.
• To create an environment that promotes a high level of software quality as early as possible within the delivery lifecycle.
• Manage a portfolio of test deliveries, through a multi-location team of test managers and engineers, working on a variety of Digital change projects. Delivery management to budget and agreed timescales.
• Scoping, developing & implementing project & programme test strategies covering test team structure, tools, automated testing, development methodology and risk based test approaches.
• Coaching and mentoring of test managers & test engineers. Promoting effective cross team and departmental collaboration and knowledge sharing.
• Assist with recruitment and selection of test team positions on a broad range of projects, role profile creation, interviewing through permanent, contract and global sourcing partner avenues.
• Lead a standard process for implementing testing across projects with standardized delivery based on quality KPIs.
• Act as an escalation point for major issues with testing and quality.
• Close team work with Platform Test Managers, identifying opportunities to work collaboratively to reduce effort / cost by removing non-value work and optimising test coverage across the teams.
• Own continuous improvement actions and support teams to constantly refine their processes and improve their skills.
• Proven track record of defining test strategies for large programmes involving multiple applications and dependencies
• Strong agile test management experience with the ability to work in a scaled agile environment.
• Previous experience on managing the delivery through a team of test managers.
• In-depth knowledge of functional, non-functional and security testing.
• Manage expectations of change, technical and business stake-holders and communicate testing progress throughout testing life cycle including risks and issues, helping them to arrive at an informed decision.
• Experience in direct & matrix management, supplier management and building virtual teams across multiple locations.
• Cross team collaboration and test strategy development across multiple platform & feature teams.
What will you get for this role?
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review
• Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
• Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family
• Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jack Jones in the Recruitment team on email@example.com