Senior Technical Product Owner/Domain Owner
- Have you had a successful Design or Architecture career and are passionate about innovation?
- Do you want to work with, and learn from encouraging, talented digital innovators?
- Are you seeking to join a business that is investing into building teams in Sheffield and Norwich?
Life in our Digital Teams
Over the past 2 years Aviva has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and we continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organization. We have built bespoke digital spaces for our teams in our London Digital Garage, Norwich, Bristol, and Sheffield.
Insurance is ripe for disruption and that is what we have been doing. In fact, we are a 320 year old disruptor that is transforming the way customers engage with our products and services.
We approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set; passionate about delivering small, value-driven improvements, regularly and often. Our collaborative scrum teams are made up of an exceptional mix of digital experts and innovators from a wide range of industries. We craft brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products.
We are now looking for a Technical Product Owners/Domain Owners to join the Integration and API team within our Digital organisation, working with the Platform or Domains scrum teams to help shape and manage the RESTful APIs that will underpin both ours and our partners’ digital applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing vision and governance within domain(s).
- Owning the software architecture, software and related artefacts.
- Being a recognised domain expert and point of contact.
- Seeking opportunities to continuously improve the domain.
- Engaging with key stakeholders and understanding the business strategy for the domain, and aligning with this strategy.
- Providing support/oversight to the Junior Domain Owners.
- Leading API Designers within the domain.
We’re particularly interested in talking to people with:
- Previous hands on Design or Architecture experience that includes API’s and Layered Architecture.
- Software modelling and component design.
- Data modelling including logical and physical modelling.
- Technical Experience in the relevant technology stacks of AWS, Java, Swagger, Wiremock etc.
The right candidate would have:
- Leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience of working in large teams within a global organisation
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Equal parental leave for all parents (up to a year)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Season ticket loan
- Aviva flexible benefits
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.