We are currently recruiting a Senior Project Manager / Capital Projects (EMEA/CIS) to join our European team based in Hersham. The Senior Project Manager will direct, control and co-ordinate the execution of projects to achieve project completion on time, within budget and at the required levels of quality taking into account safety and reliability.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Lead and coordinate all project activities within the project scope, including activities carried out within the local office as well as by other Air Products locations.
- Gain alignment on key project issues with internal project partners in Air Products Senior Management, Business Areas, Operations, and functional managers. Proactively communicate with these partners to maintain alignment.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Client and subcontractors. Represent Air Products in meetings and correspondence with the Client at all levels.
- Provide leadership in safety management, to drive the entire project team to achieve company safety targets during engineering and construction.
- Ensuring strategies are developed and implemented to deliver the projects to cost, schedule, quality whilst minimising the risks. Actively review performance, and adapt strategies as required to keep the project on track.
- Ensuring that there is adequate and effective communication both within the project team and externally with Customers, Vendors, and Authorities.
- Identifying risk areas and developing risk mitigation plans, monitoring risk areas and resolving issues arising and other problems in a timely manner by identifying and involving the correct project team members.
- Monitoring the production of engineering deliverables, progress of procurement activities and progress of construction activities against plan to ensure the project is completed within safety, cost, schedule, quality objectives
- Lead all work processes in accordance with company procedures and guidelines
- Regular and ad-hoc reporting to Senior Project Management on the status of assigned project so that they are always fully appraised of progress, achievements and any problems (potential as well as actual).
As a Senior Project Manager, you will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Chartered Engineer status
- Massive experience in project engineering environment as well as in project leadership roles, including at least a few years construction site based
- Domestic and International experience required. Experience in working in Middle East or Eastern Europe/CIS desirable.
- Experience in Industrial Gas/Air Separation industry desirable
- You will be self-motivated, diligent and accurate, able to work under pressure to meet project demands, and able to respond with urgency to solve problems as they emerge, through effective communication and coordination with the wider project team, support functions and vendors.
- Flexibility to work additional hours to meet project deadlines during periods of peak workload is required.
- Flexibility to relocate for extended periods of time to the location of the project jobsite during the site phases of the project a requirement
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely at all times in English language.
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status."