The role of Senior PMO Analyst is to support the Transformation Management Office (TMO) Team including: tracking status of programme deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; programme level risk and issue coordination; co-ordination of regular project and programme level reporting
Additional responsibilities include assisting the Head of TMO Manager with defining and updating the project management processes, standards and governance, assisting project managers on large projects, managing quality reviews, and co-ordinating activities in support of quality objectives.
The Senior PMO Analyst will provide project support for large complex projects ensuring the project lifecycle is followed, project plans and project documentation up-to-date, regular project reports complete and accurate, appropriate resources secured, budgets and forecasts maintained appropriately
· Ensure the required level of TMO governance and control are consistently applied across the programme and assigned projects follow the PM framework.
· Act as a central point of contact for all key TMO key stakeholders ensuring communications are tailored and delivered to meet their needs
· Work as part of the TMO team to deliver high level of TMO services to the stakeholders by providing support, challenge and skills development.
· Carry out assurance review processes as required by the TMO manager
· Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all projects
· Monitor and prepare reports on overall benefits realisation to the relevant boards.
· Direct and mentor junior PMO analysts as necessary but not overall line management.
· Be proactive in the ongoing development and improvement of the TMO service, system, processes, and tools by maintaining a continuous improvement plan that leverages industry best practise.
· Administer and help raise awareness of the both the PMO and collaboration toolsets
· Actively engage with the programme/project teams and boards to collect, collate and analyse information, enabling effective management of their programme/projects including work stream reporting.
· Engage with project teams to collate the required information to produce weekly/monthly/quarterly dashboards, metrics and reports. Understand and analyse the information provided and prepare the clear, concise, timely and accurate reports/presentations for effective monitoring and decision making by key stakeholders
· Provide effective project/programme planning support to ensure the programme develops a well-structured and governed plan in alignment with the PM framework and clearly identify critical path, key milestones and decision points for the projects/programme.
· Be conversant with the financial discipline required to manage projects and able to assist in budget tracking. Assist PMO analysts in the procurement cycle where necessary and ensure all financial activity associated with projects/programmes including raising and progressing appropriate Purchase Requisitions are progressed, authorised and goods receipted in a timely manner.
· Ongoing management and monitoring of the risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies (RAID) and lessons learned logs for via regular engagement and challenge with the projects/programmes teams and advising/escalating on key areas requiring management attention.
· Work closely with the project managers to track resource capacity and demand, ensuring the PM tool and time sheeting application (Clarity) are up to date. Provide resource teams across the business timely information on requirements and opportunities within the programme, enabling resourcing commitments to be secured
· Prepare draft versions of key project documentation for review by programme and senior project managers, for example, board papers, end of stage reports, project closure reports.
· Co-ordination, review and sign-off of major project management deliverables
· Comply at all times with the requirements of health and safety regulations to ensure their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues.
· Comply with the TEF UK policies and procedures as compiled on the organisation’s intranet.
· Ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and its amendments.
· To undertake ad hoc duties as required.
Other Features of Job (travel, hours of work, working conditions etc):
· Main place of work will Slough Bath Road
Education, Qualifications and Training
· Degree or equivalent
· Project/ Programme Management Certification (for example PMP, PRINCE2, CAPM, MSP)
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience of successfully managing large complex projects within an enterprise organisation from start to finish
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a Programme Office working to a formal structured project framework
· Knowledge of project management tools and techniques
· Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful programme outcomes
Work Based Competencies
· Advanced MS project user
· Excellent IT skills. advanced MS office user - word, excel, outlook, powerpoint, office 365
· Knowledge of portfolio and project management solutions
· Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
· Facilitation skills – ability to interact and engage effectively with the project/programme team and stakeholders to be able to capture timely and accurate data and information.
· PMO process analysis and improvement –must have the ability to identify ways of improving the PM framework and making it more efficient and effective as well as ensuring compliance to the PM framework processes.
· Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail including ability to review, analyse and manipulate data to produce quality management reports in simple and comprehensible form for non-technical audience.
· Managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
· Very good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
· A strong customer centric approach.
· Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
· Self-motivated and motivates others keeping morale and performance high
· Ability to maintain complete and accurate records
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Excellent organisational skills
· Flexible during times of change
· Ability to work without direct supervision
· Proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude required
· Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative at all times and an ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution