Use Your Skills to Challenge the IT Environment
Senior IT Security Controls Tester
We currently have an exciting opening for adaptable technical security and control experts to join our dynamic team on a permanent basis as a Senior IT Security Controls Tester. Full training, excellent career opportunities and a number of employee benefits will be available to the you.
You will have a good understanding in IT systems and security including across different technologies and platforms.
You will be primarily responsible for the testing of design, scheduling and delivery of defined security and IT general computing controls across markets, and for reporting the results.
You will also have the opportunity to aid – and at times lead on – the development and continuous improvement of the information security mandatory controls framework and controls testing methodology across the UK and globally.
This is an great opportunity to use your skills to challenge the current IT environment, identify issues and risks and drive improvements to the benefit of our business and customers.
- Engagement of key colleagues at all levels in order to understand requirements of controls testing from multiple perspectives and devise efficient and effective schedules to deliver the activity.
- Scoping and delivery of controls testing activity as required, and support and lead the delivery of testing activity by other colleagues within the team.
- Reporting on the status of controls testing activity and on issues arising from this testing to colleagues at all levels.
- Identify potential risks and issues and, where required, liaise with Operational and Risk colleagues to formally raise these.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve the information security mandatory controls framework and controls testing methodology across the UK and globally.
- Support the development of a global controls testing community.
- Independently and effectively manage own workload and time, including maintenance/measuring of personal development plans and objectives.
- Represent the UK Security Controls Testing Manager and Head of Controls Assurance at security and governance-related forums as appropriate and required.
- Provide support, guidance and mentoring to junior peers and new recruits on processes and task management. Be positively and actively engaged in the work of the function.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A broad knowledge of IT systems, security and/or day to day IT Operations.
- Relevant industry qualification (e.g. Certified Ethical Hacker, CISA, SSCP, CISSP).
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- A deep understanding of the technology risk environment, control and/or governance frameworks.
- A dedication to personal development and a desire to learn.
- The ability to work actively and effectively as part of a distributed team to deliver results.
- Superb communication and collaboration skills.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A degree, ideally in a technology related subject and/or relevant organisational and domain expertise.
- Knowledge or experience of creating and monitoring work activities and schedules.
- Knowledge or experience of leading others.
- A specialism in any of the following: Digital Systems, Microsoft Technologies, Unix, Linux, Oracle, Cryptography, Cloud Computing or System Architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FOR THIS ROLE:
- Salary from £30,000 dependant on experience and location
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420.