Senior Digital Designer/Architect/Consultant
- Do you have experience of Backend Technical Digital Design and are passionate about innovation?
- Do you want to work with, and learn from encouraging, talented digital innovators?
- Are you seeking to join a business that is investing into building teams in Sheffield and Norwich?
Digital CIO builds, maintains and operates Aviva’s global customer interaction platforms. These platforms cover every aspect of Aviva’s relationship with our customers; understanding what their needs are, what products they hold, their propensity to buy and allowing customers to learn about their financial situation, buy, enquire and make changes to their policies
You will oversee the overall software design and technical architecture of our API products and will be the signoff and key governance point for all projects or initiatives that touch the platform. We specialise in building high quality RESTful API’s. We are the glue that holds the Digital business together, we don’t cover full stack development in our area, we are only backend, high performance specialists and we want you to join us.
You will ensure the ongoing quality and architecture of the API platform, and take a lead role in ensuring that the platform continues to be devolved and expanded in a sustainable and high-quality fashion. This requires being an advocate for quality and key in driving this culture into the developer, BA and scrum master communities that work on the platform.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Govern the API designs within the platform so it is in line with the roadmap, meets agreed quality and security standards.
- Help define and enhance the underlying software architecture so that it is extensible, cross platform, performant, secure and in line with Aviva Digitals wider platform architecture roadmap.
- Development of core framework artefacts and libraries.
- Design and Implementation of new technology and concepts and then lead the rollout to the wider development community.
- Collaborate with Platform and Solution Architects across Digital to ensure appropriate use of technology in solutions.
- Implement, enhance and govern technology design standards, approaches and metrics across our platforms.
- Implement and govern a robust security framework for our applications.
- Ensure that we design and implement reusable APIs.
- Continually identify and implement opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the development community including advocating tools and techniques implemented by other organisations.
- Identify and remove failure demand and improve internal platform / department and cross-platform / department efficiencies
We’re particularly interested in talking to people with:
- Strong background in Software Architecture with responsibility for delivering large scale, multi-project technical solutions.
- Strong understanding of non-functional design principles.
- Knowledge and experience in C#/Java development.
- Strong background in Software Development
- Strong understanding of Software Design Patterns including SOLID development principles.
- Experience of cloud & cloud native applications and 12 Factor principles
- You can demonstrate solving complex technology, people and process problems.
- You can reason about and solve concrete, abstract and conceptual problems.
- Experience applying both qualitative and quantitative analysis to decision making
- Capability of setting appropriate measures for success and manage to those measures.
If you have experience within Financial Services, or regulated environments, then that’s great. But did you know, we also encourage people to join us from outside of the industry too? The diversity in our teams is, in our opinion, is what makes Aviva an interesting and innovative place to be.
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Equal parental leave for all parents (up to a year)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Aviva flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Share scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420.