The Senior Cloud Platform Architect is a key member of the Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) charged with setting Aviva's vision and strategy for our next generation global cloud platform which underpins business applications and digital innovation.
You will work closely with the Cloud Platform DevOps teams and Head of Cloud Engineering to define platform roadmaps and design low level cloud platform infrastructure and DevOps tooling architecture for the cloud teams to build against.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Head of Cloud Engineering to formulate the platform delivery and strategic road map providing technical and architectural guidance
- Help set the technical direction of the cloud platform ensuring the technical / architectural integrity of the platform
- Work closely with the Platform DevOps teams to design and architect innovative cloud platform solutions.
- Build relationships & collaborate across the Aviva Architecture community to establish and implement consistent architecture across all Digital platforms which delivers Aviva’s future technology needs and approved by relevant governing bodies (Group Architecture Board, CISO, Data governance)
- Actively communicate with your Platform product owner to ensure that you are and your team always delivering to the product owners requirements.
- Join sprint planning and retrospectives, and prioritise and manage your work using planning tools e.g. Jira
- Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Provide cloud consulting services and expertise across the business and IT.
- Gain approval for platform solutions and technology selections at the Cloud Technical Design Authority
Skills & Experience required
- Experience as a “hands on” AWS cloud architect or senior DevOps engineer (looking to move into architecture) in an enterprise environment
- In-depth knowledge in architecting large-scale enterprise cloud solutions and platforms.
- Demonstrable proficiency in designing and building low level cloud platform architecture such as networking, management: logging, monitoring and alerting, configuration management, CI/CD pipelines, authentication, secrets management, image management, malware, HIPS/HIDS and vulnerability management.
- Amazon Web Service certification is desirable.
- Deep understanding of relevant technical areas:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) (e.g. VPC, Direct Connect, EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudTrail/Watch etc)
- Cloud Architecture (AWS)
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking and associated function (Quos/filter/routing)
- DNS/AD/Route 53
- Understanding of security principals such as logging, auditing, alerting and response.
- Authentication principals such as HBAC/RBAC/PAM/MFA
- Automation and deployment
- Vulnerability management
- Configuration and lifecycle management
- CI/CD, DevOps, automated testing and modern SDLC methodologies
- A broad understanding of markets, industries, customers and technologies whilst keeping abreast of technologies, concepts, practices, and industry direction
- Sound business knowledge and commercial awareness, both generally and specific to financial services
- Expert communications and relationship management with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience of working closely with defined architecture patterns and standards to create a roadmap for a platform
- A proven record of leading and delivering high quality IT change and business value at a senior / executive level
- A background in business and technology consulting across the lifecycle of information technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, strong eye for details, persistent and consistent with a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Proficient in designing new “born in the cloud” or “cloud native” applications
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering IT systems in both traditional Waterfall and Agile environments.
- Knowledge of establishing or working under a DevOps culture, building applications under continuous integration and deployment with platform automation in an enterprise environment.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Contact details: Vicky Gianre on 0117 928 4420 or email@example.com