London, Bristol, Perth, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow, Birmingham, York, Norwich, Eastleigh, Home Based Other, Dorking, Sheffield
The Senior Cloud Architect is a key member of the Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) charged with setting Aviva's vision and strategy for our next generation global cloud platform and responsible for commissioning cloud applications across Aviva.
You will also be responsible for leading a portfolio of activities and may manage a sub-team within the CCoE providing best practice and expertise to across Aviva's lines of business.
This role will also require consulting with business, application and infrastructure teams, providing technical expertise to facilitate the smooth commissioning and transfer of existing (or build of new) applications into the cloud using the latest cloud and open source technologies.
This is a unique opportunity for a senior technologist with a customer centric mindset to get involved in an exciting position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and drive outcomes across the cloud programme and with our internal customers
- Contribute to a roadmap for developing the platform to optimise the use of technology to create a service that uses the best of cloud at the optimal cost point
- Design innovative cloud solutions for legacy migrations and new “born in the cloud” applications
- Enable the on-boarding and migration of workloads onto cloud from other hosting locations
- Run clearly defined services to commission new applications and capabilities into the cloud to support Aviva’s businesses
- Contribute to an up-to-date understanding of the main technology base, and a general understanding of the other technology bases which together form the overall technical direction for their area of expertise
- Manage a domain within the overall cloud platform on behalf of Aviva as a capability for hosting and storage
- Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Provide cloud consulting services and expertise across the business and IT.
Skills & Experience required
- Experience as a AWS cloud architect in an enterprise environment
- In-depth experience in architecting large-scale enterprise cloud solutions and platforms.
- Amazon Web Service certification is desirable. If you are not certified, you will be expected to gain certification within six months of joining the team
- Deep understanding of relevant technical areas:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) (e.g. VPC, EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudTrail/Watch etc)
- Cloud Architecture (AWS)
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking and associated function (Quos/filter/routing)
- DNS/AD/Route 53
- Understanding of security principals such as logging, auditing, alerting and response.
- Authentication principals such as HBAC/RBAC/PAM/MFA
- Automation and deployment
- Vulnerability management
- Configuration and lifecycle management
- CI/CD, DevOps, automated testing and modern SDLC methodologies
- A broad understanding of markets, industries, customers and technologies whilst keeping abreast of technologies, concepts, practices, and industry direction
- Sound business knowledge and commercial awareness, both generally and specific to financial services
- Expert communications and relationship management with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and active use of industry frameworks and tools (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Abacus, etc.)
- Previous experience in IT Industry standards, services, design, architecture, principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour.
- Have demonstrable experience of working closely with defined architecture patterns and standards to create a roadmap for a platform
- A proven record of leading and delivering high quality IT change and business value at a senior / executive level
- A background in business and technology consulting across the lifecycle of information technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, strong eye for details, persistent and consistent with a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Experience in cloud migrations of legacy applications.
- Involvement in designing new “born in the cloud” or “cloud native” applications
- Have demonstrable knowledge of delivering IT systems in both traditional Waterfall and Agile environments.
- Experience with establishing or working under a DevOps culture, building applications under continuous integration and deployment with platform automation in an enterprise environment.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary competitive dependant on experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420 or on email@example.com