Senior Technical Project Manager / Change Manager
Insurance is ripe for disruption and that is what we are doing here at Aviva. We are transforming the way customers engage with our products and services and becoming a “Digital First” organisation.
We are looking for strong experienced Project Managers to join the Technology Change team within the overall Digital Change community. Our Senior Project / Change Managers work at a senior level across the Digital business and are accountable for the delivery and governance of agreed business outcomes. Leading on multiple, large and complex delivery streams, your projects will impact multiple areas of Digital as well as other IT component areas across Aviva.
As a Senior Project/Change Manager you will be accountable for overseeing other Digital Change Managers that support and deliver the Digital business plans as well as aligning to the Digital strategic architecture.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading multiple delivery streams, including accountability for other Change Managers that support and deliver the Digital business plans.
- The management, governance and delivery of end to end change assignments including scoping, planning, financial and benefit reporting at Programme level.
- Delivering business change through scalable solutions that consistently improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability
- Mobilising programmes of work and multiple projects quickly, motivating and managing onsite and offsite teams and multiple third-party suppliers, through to delivery on time, on budget.
- Continually challenging our ways of working to deliver a portfolio of change that is able to adapt to changing customer needs, driving business value and great customer outcomes.
- Ensuring focus and on-going challenge around the scope and associated business case of each delivery taking into consideration the Minimal Viable Product and the requirement to meet benefit targets.
- Collaborating to bring teams together with a shared vision and support the team by understanding and removal of blockers.
- Identifying, engaging and influencing stakeholders, ensuring timely communication that enables effective support and decision making.
- To demonstrate effective governance of risk and issue management as well as clear concise reporting.
- Ensuring the service and operational readiness of deliveries covering areas such as IT support functions, operational training, process and organizational impacts.
- Be an experienced Programme Manager and Senior Project Manager with a proven track record of large complex deliveries especially in technology change (big data, Cloud, I.T. enablers)
- Have demonstrable evidence of successfully leading all phases of high-profile and high-value, transformational technology projects
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Be highly determined and possess the personal sense of ownership required to deliver complex programmes and projects as well as the motivation to turn around failing projects
- Be able to demonstrate strong Senior Stakeholder Management and influencing/ negotiating with senior government and executive level stakeholders
An understanding of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Financial services industry and regulatory legislation framework governing it.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies, tools and techniques (Jira, Confluence)
What will you get for this role?
- Salary from £55,000 dependent on experience and location
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420