We are looking to recruit a Physical Security Officer that has a minimum 5 years experience working in a multi national work environment.
Whilst the Site Security Manager remains responsible overall, the Site Security Officer, at Brize Norton. They will be given responsibility for leading the application of specified subject areas of company security policy on site, as delegated by the Site Security Manager. Such delegated subject areas shall be listed below:
• Nominated Deputy - To deputise the role of the Site Security Manager in his or her absence, ensuring that all aspects of Security management as it relates to the site.
• Physical Security - Responsible for all aspects of physical security operations as it relates to the clients site specific security requirements within a national and commercial context. To deliver weekly inductions to new starters, covering our Security Key Messages and to offer aftercare to personnel.
• Security Compliance – To assist in the delivery of Security Management at the standards specified under contract (MOD, HMG, SPF, CPNI) and as it relates to the protection of List X, and site, and inter-site activities originating on the site, which are considered a compliance requirement under the legal undertakings in UK Government, Security Policy Framework and Military (MOD) lines of business.
• Risk Management –To assist the Risk Manager in the assessment of functional and process risk and apply proportionate controls and risk management methodology.
• Site Facilities Engagement – Assist and accept responsibility for the management of security aspects for all buildings and infrastructure projects, with close liaison with FM project teams, including risk assessments and security surveys.
• Management Reporting – Assist in the production of security incident, breaches, occurrence, situational and performance reports including specific operational security and common security KPIs and information for both the Head of the clients Service Centre UK and the Head of Country Security UK. These shall be produced:
a. Daily in relation to incident and occurrence reporting.
b. Weekly as a summary of all of the reporting requirements.
c. Monthly as a snapshot of highs/lows, developments, wins/losses.
• Incident/Emergency Response – As part of the site security team, be prepared and able to effectively respond to generic security incidents and emergencies with current documented plans in place to respond to Fire, Flood, Intruder, Bomb, CBRN, Press Intrusion, Activist and any similar incident requiring a measured security response, to include medical emergency.
• Threat Intelligence - To understand and maintain currency in the threat to the UK and its List X and/or Critical National Infrastructure organisations to include that of the Defence Industry, through regular reviewing of the CPNI website and guidance material.
• External Engagement – As part of the security team be prepare to assist in the development and maintenance of effective communications with the UK National Security Authorities, Security related statutory regulators, Auditors, local Police, and other corporate, customer and stakeholder security organisations and to represent the company at external events and courses.
• Asset Management – Assist in the management of overseeing duties relating to the following:
o Cryptographic Custodians – if applicable
o Secure Destruction
o Secure Cabinets /Spare Keys/ Doors/ Desks and Lockers( if applicable)
• Access Control - To assist with the management of the 3rd party supplier in regards to the on-site access control requirements, ensuring that appropriate protection is afforded to both classified and corporate assets. Management of site access control system production and administration of ID badges and passes.
• Travel Security - To assist in the delivery and administration of the clients Defence and Space Employee Emergency hot line (International SOS) programme by ensuring that site residents who are deployed outside of the UK are informed of local security conditions abroad.
• A confident and articulate communicator, able to positively co-ordinate effectively at many levels.
• Clear ability to work effectively within a multinational environment
• An understanding of the MoD rules and regulations and Airbus Corporate Security policies.
Qualification and Experience
• Good IT communication and inter-personnel skills essential
• Good standard of education
• To be able to lead a team, as well as work independently.
• Desirable to hold or demonstrate qualities and attributes to be placed as a candidate for recognised training courses provided by CPNI and DISA.
• Desirable – a good knowledge of the company
• Desirable - 5 year work experience within a multi-national environment
• To manage and deliver project work set by the Site Security Manager.
• To represent the clients Defence and Space UK within the clients Security Awareness environment.
The hourly rate is £26.00 Ltd Company or £20.10 PAYE and you would be expected to work a 35 hour week.
If you would like to pursue the role dont hesitate to apply within.