Aviva is revolutionising insurance and we want you to be at the forefront of it.
You will be joining Aviva at an exciting time. We would love you to be a part of building great new innovative ways to engage with new and existing customers, on a portfolio of products that reach out to 17 million customers. It has never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our awesome digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy.
Within Digital at Aviva we approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements often. We achieve that with our scrum teams that include developers, testers, BAs and Solution Designers to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
What we are looking for:
We are currently recruiting for a talented Scrum Master to join Aviva Digital Channels. You should have experience of being a Scrum Master, or be a passionate evangelist of Agile. You should be able to demonstrate a servant leadership approach, be a facilitator of teams and introduce tools and techniques to support the team in a progressive fun environment.
You should be able to remove impediments from the development teams whilst supporting the continuous improvement of the team to maximise value. You should be able to build strong relationships in and out of the team and use the appropriate communication style for the specific audience. You want you to work collaboratively with others and increase the effectiveness of the application of Agile in Aviva.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Act as Scrum Master for Scrum/Kanban teams, with a focus on continuously improving the team/s they support.
- Organize and facilitate planning, story development sessions, backlog review sessions, estimation sessions, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives.
- Use your passion, knowledge and experience of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) to help motivate and steer the team in the direction of success.
- Identify, track and manage impediments whilst protecting the team from external pressures.
- Provide internal and external communications that are clear, transparent, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Improve the productivity of the teams within Agile principles.
- Empower the teams to self-organize.
- Contribute to the overall education of Agile practices both within the team and wider stakeholders.
You’ll achieve this by:
- Having a thorough understanding of Scrum/Kanban.
- Have the ability to facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Must be able to garner respect from the team, be an active member as well as create a collaborative self-organising team environment.
- Demonstrate strong customer/stakeholder expectation management.
- Have experience in workshop facilitation.
- Proven scrum master experience.
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diverse personality types and be able to demonstrate high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment.
- Proven ability to approach problems in a structured and analytical manner with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent team player and team builder.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.