What we are looking for:
We are currently recruiting for talented Scrum Masters to join the Aviva Agile Transformation & Services Team. The candidate should be an experienced Scrum Master who:
- Has a passion for Agile ways of working.
- Demonstrates a servant leader approach to the team, a facilitator of scrum events and introduces tools and techniques to support the team in a progressive fun environment.
- Has the ability to remove impediments from the development team’s progress whilst supporting the continuous improvement of the team to maximise value.
- Builds strong relationships in and out of the team and uses the appropriate communication style for the specific audience.
- Works collaboratively with others and increases the effectiveness of the application of Agile in Aviva.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Act as Scrum Master for Scrum/Kanban teams, with a focus on continuously improving the team/s they support.
- The potential to coach, mentor and line manage a team of Scrum Masters.
- Organize and facilitate planning, story development sessions, backlog review sessions, estimation sessions, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives.
- Use your passion, knowledge and experience of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) to help motivate and steer the team in the direction of success.
- Identify, track and manage impediments whilst protecting the team from external pressures.
- Provide internal and external communications that are clear, transparent, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Improve the productivity of the teams within Agile values and principles.
- Empower the teams to self-organize.
- Contribute to the overall education of Agile practices both within the team and wider stakeholders.
- Be involved in Agile communities of practice and mentoring of other Scrum Masters.
- Substantial experience in Agile methodologies and working practices.
- Solid experience in a Scrum Master/Agile delivery role.
- Currently in a Scrum Master/Agile delivery role.
- Substantial management/supervisory experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working with Product Owners and Business partners.
- Experience in creating, refining and managing product backlogs.
- Experience of bringing products from inception to production.
- Knowledge of software development across the entire software development cycle.
- Knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks.
- Knowledge of developing continuous integration and deployment solutions
- Experience of engaging with staff and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Garner respect and trust from the team, by being an active member as well as creating a collaborative, self-organising team environment.
- Ability to work with diverse personality types and be able to demonstrate high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment.
- Proven ability to approach problems in a structured and analytical manner with a high attention to detail.
- Salary £45,000 - £55,000 based on experience + 10% annual bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.