Blue Arrow are looking for school kitchen assistants for roles that we have in Cardiff and surrounding areas.
The Roles will be based in many different schools across Cardiff, we will always try and assign you to the school closest to your home (although this cannot always be guaranteed)
Working around 3-4 hours a day, roughly 15-20 hours a week.
The working day is usually between 10am - 2pm
It will be general kitchen assistant work, food preparation, serving, washing up and cleaning down at the end of your shift.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
- Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.
- Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.
- Helping the chef get ready for service by preparing food.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Helping to serve meals to customers
You will have a positive 'can do' attitude, you will need to be comfortable working within a kitchen environment.
The role is subject to a DBS Check (Police Check) that will be self-funded.
Holding a valid level 1 in food safety (or foreign equivalent) is advantageous but not essential as we can provide you with one as long as you have the ability to attain it.
Transport not essential but will have more working opportunities if you have your own transport due to locations of some clients/units.
If you believe you have the correct skills to join our relief team please hit the apply button, submit your CV and we will be in touch.