Building a family of brands for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s loved footwear and active brands. Our brands are there in the moments that matter, and being there for more people in more of those moments drives everything we do.
Our owned brands include Berghaus, Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Mitre, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. And we’re also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures, Ted Baker footwear and Kickers in the UK.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. We have been recognised as one of the best workplaces in the UK and Europe. Our global HQ is in the UK and we employ over 1,800 people across 20 countries around the world.
Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
Key Purpose of Job:
This position will require some commercial capability and strong analytical skills, along with an ability to work collaboratively to deliver results.
This role will support the Sales and Planning Manager, to ensure that there is commercial input into every stage of the brand planning process. Ultimately deploying retailer and shopper focussed plans to the customer teams. You will support the Integrated Business Planning process to improve Pentland sales and profitability across key retailers and markets globally.
Key to success in this position is the ability to work collaboratively with a multi-functional team to execute the business’s strategy, yielding improved value/experience for our customers and enhanced revenue/margin growth for the business.
There is an opportunity to work 22 hours per week in a flexible manner. The main requirement is that the role can support the IBP process but be flexible to the timings of key business needs.
· Support the Sales & Planning Manager to ensure the sales team have the toolkit to execute our strategic initiatives & OGSM.
· Support the IBP cross-functional business reviews for some customers/markets (exact responsibilities to be aligned with Sales & Planning Manager and Head of Sales & Planning). Ensure interface with the demand and finance teams for appropriate volume forecasts (mid and long term); ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed and issues appropriately escalated to meet business and financial objectives.
· Work with the Sales & Planning Manager to track and monitor initiatives KPIs such as distribution, turnover and space and identify any gaps/opportunities. Be confident in analysing data to create powerful, commercially led recommendations.
· Support the Sales and Planning Manager by collating issues and opportunities (eg. competitor launches, market pricing, collating commercial opportunities forms).
· Responsibility for ad hoc projects e.g. SMUs requests, footwear market mapping,
· Customer teams / Brand Team / Demand Planner / Customer Finance / Brand finance / Shopper Design & Merchandising Manager / Key Customer & Partners
Needs to have
- Some account management experience (preferred but not essential)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong planning & organising skills
- Analytically driven, using data to generate insight.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Needs to be
- Passionate for delivering results
- Strong on working with a cross-functional team to deliver.
- Analytical & data driven
- A strong communicator & able to influence upwards as well as with peers.
- Open to change as we embed Sales & Planning in the organisation.
Measures of success
· Brand initiative plan executed in market in line with KPIs.
· Proactive gap planning to deliver a Pentland financial plan.
· Commercial OGSM targets.
· POP execution & availability.
This job description should be used as a guide; you may be asked to carry out other relevant duties in support of the overall role purpose.