Location: London or Bristol
Aviva provides around 31 million customers worldwide with insurance, savings and investment products. We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand. We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, balanced business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
The UKI CISO team has been built 24 months ago to develop and lead the security strategy for all UK Markets. The team will be working to the below Mandate within the overall CISO function:
- Accountable for security risk management, proactive security support, and security assurance
- Responsible for managing security risks and ensuring that security operational requirements are met or exceeded, as well as driving forward the global security strategic integration programmes
- The key interface from a security leadership perspective with the UKI CIO’s, ensuring adequate budget, resource, and management focus on managing security risks
- The team will act as the control and facilitation point for security related tasks and activities, which are executed in the broader local organisation to ensure a reliable end to end chain of responsibility from group to local execution
- We will also be responsible for driving forward standards of excellence within security and through discussions with the Group CISO setting the local strategy and contributing into the group strategy for security
Currently a team of 27 with plans to grow to 38 by the end of 2018.
The Cyber Security Technical Support to the CISO Security Risk Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day information risk consultancy, IT security, ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company's data assets and supporting infrastructure to an agreed framework of controls. You will also be supporting and working closely with the CISO Security leads, IT, business partners, senior management and external parties to provide IT security design consultancy, expertise to the company projects, programmes, BAU activities.
Please note that this role’s location is flexible and will require travel to various other locations within the Aviva portfolio.
- Timely and accurate management findings to ensure that risk have meaningful and relevant remediation plans or risk acceptances
- Conducting business impact assessments with business and IT partners to ensure accurate collection of risk
- Conducting risk assessments and compliance reviews
- Handling information security related risks
- Communicating risk to the business in a way that they understand, and helping them make decisions on how to handle their risk
- Providing advice, mentorship, training, and awareness activities
- CISSP and/or CISM
- MSc or Degree in IT/Information Security
- Broad experience of security management concepts built up over a number of years in dedicated technical and security operations roles
- Knowledge of IS governance processes and practices, including ISMS monitoring and control frameworks such as, ISO, ISF and COBIT, their relationships to other frameworks and their application within a financial services environment or other highly regulated industry
- Deep understanding of Secure Development Lifecycles and their application in an agile and dev-ops environment
- Deep understanding of security architecture principles and processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What will I get from this role
- Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills & experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alex Stumpo in the Resourcing team at