Requirement for an experienced Reward specialist for up to 12 months to support the design and implementation of a Reward strategy that is fully aligned to business needs and enables attraction and retention of critical skills and recognises performance in a matrix structure.
Scope & Background:
The job holder will lead a Reward Work Stream as part of an integrated project to improve and simplify legacy HR working practices, policies, processes and employment conditions. The project was set up following the re-organisation of the business and the recognition that the company needed to operate as ‘one entity’.
The initial scope covers 3,000 employees in four legacy groupings. There are a multitude of HR initiatives in progress and one of the key challenges will be to quickly determine how the Reward Work Stream will integrate the scope of work into this environment and identify opportunities to co-ordinate activities to create and communicate a compelling employee value proposition with regards to reward.
The job requires a seasoned reward specialist who has experience with projects managing the migration of multiple approaches to common reward practice aligned to business needs.
Experienced in Job evaluation, grading and structuring pay policy aligned to market and must be comfortable managing complexity and change; and to communicate clearly.
- To quickly understand the Reward Strategy and existing landscape (and make contribution to its ongoing development for UK).
- Lead the implementation of Job Value exercise that will provide a common job architecture and provide clarity on the relative value of jobs
- Carry out market rate analysis and determine appropriate grade and pay structures
- Define how employee benefits will be applied across Grades and align legacy policy
- Understand wider initiatives and philosophy regarding variable To take every opportunity to create an ‘integrated’ approach to Reward to allow employees to be aware of ‘Total Reward’ package
- To define and agree an ambitious implementation plan with specific deliverables, milestones, dependencies and costings in a well-defined Work Stream Definition Document.
- Modelling various costed implementation options to fully explore how total cost of employment can be controlled whilst still delivering attractive reward to differentiated roles that are key to business future.
- Defining and implementing the Policies, Practices and Processes that will underpin future approach