About the job
Returner placements will be open to all individuals who have taken time out of work for at least 2 years, or are currently engaged in work that does not make the best use of their skills, competencies and qualifications.
Please explain clearly within your application how you feel you meet these criteria.
For further information about the role, please refer to the Candidate Information Pack when you click APPLY
The role advertised is for an administration officer based in Birmingham or Nottingham Power of Attorney Services. There are various roles available in different departments comprising of different functions. These roles range from casework, administration (filing, post opening etc), quality assurance and registering documents and the contact centre contingency team.
Successful applicants will be allocated to roles based on business needs at the time of recruitment. There may also be a requirement to work in different departments during the course of your employment, again dependent on business needs.
Responsibilities may include any of the following, but not limited to:
- Supporting and contributing to the aims, objectives and performance of the Power of Attorney Services department to ensure delivery targets, as set out in the Business Plan, are met.
- To act as a point of contact for the customer, dealing with telephone enquiries and correspondence in a professional and courteous manner.
- Providing high-quality customer service in line with Departmental behaviours, ensuring that all information for customers is accurate, timely, clear and easy to understand.
- Updating and monitoring local management information systems such as spreadsheets, databases, case management systems, outlook calendars etc.
- Recording and updating case file details accurately on to case management systems within required time limits.
- Making case decisions based on technical guidance and legal parameters, referring work as necessary to the relevant department.
- Checking documents prior to dispatch alerting others to any potential data breaches, taking corrective action as directed.
- Sorting and distributing post across the organisation Scheduling payments from customers and reporting them accurately for cashiers.
- Supporting the maintenance of the physical filing system, creating files and linking correspondence to the correct files.
- Preparing documents for the scanning and data input teams, as well as participating in the scanning and data input of these documents.
- Supporting the Contact Centre contingency team, to support with telephone queries from customers during busy periods.
- You will be responsible for your own quality processing, to reduce re-work and to ensure a high level of customer service, regularly refreshing technical knowledge and taking on training where appropriate.
- Completing personal stats sheets and reporting anomalies.
- Working in accordance with standard operating procedures, providing constructive feedback where improvements and efficiencies can be made, with the customer experience at the heart of everything we do.
- You will participate in team meetings, developing working relationships across POAS and the wider organisation where needed.
- You will act as a role model for staff, demonstrating behaviours within the MOJ Leadership statement and the organisation’s values.
- You will be clear, honest and transparent in your communication, making decisions that involve the relevant people at the right time.
- Be flexible and a supportive team member with good time management skills in order to prioritise work.
- You’ll take responsibility for your own learning and development with the support and guidance of your line manager.
- You’ll develop a knowledge of HR policies which you will be expected to abide by.
- You’ll contribute to the development of smarter working across the department where required.
- You’ll take reasonable care for the health and safety of others and abide by relevant Health and Safety Procedures and policy.
- You may be asked to undertake ad hoc projects as agreed with the Operational Delivery Manager which are commensurate with the skill set of this post.