£10 - £15ph DOE
01392 424 733
about 1 month ago
Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team supporting local business in the Exeter area.We are looking for a skilled, smart, self-motivated chef to join the team, you will be part of a growing team who are motivated by delivering an outstanding service. The successful applicant will have a good knowledge of food & cookery, the ability to remain calm under pressure, be reliable and motivated. This role comes with a great starting rate, holiday pay and straight shifts.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Managing a section ensuring that food preparation meets COSHH and Food Safety regulations.
- Provide support to other members of the kitchen, the Head Chef.
- Keeping up to date with menu knowledge, and maintaining higher standard of presentation, ensuring portion & quality control.
- Be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment.
What skills do I need?
- Experience working at Sous level, within a similar role.
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Willing to learn new skills, and develop other staff members.
- Own transport is preferred but not essential.
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable are all desirable attributes.
What Qualifications do I need?
- Level 2 Food Hygiene NVQ as a minimum dated within the last 3 years. Blue Arrow can update your certificate with a refresher course for a small fee.
- Basic pay rates from £10 - £15ph
- Holiday pay
- Weekly pay
- 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday - with hours to suit all!
If you would like to apply, please contact Claire at Blue Arrow on 01392 424733.
Please note that if you apply for this vacancy then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share your experience related to the above role with our clients for their related vacancies. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application.