Looking for a ‘quiet Sunday-afternoon-cruise-job’? Then stop reading! If however you are smart, hardworking and looking for something to stretch you, challenge you and have a lasting impact on our customers and business, then this is for you. We have a significant change journey ahead of us and we need to focus on executing at pace through data led transformation. You will be at the heart of strategic execution and ultimately understand the mechanics of making our business more valuable! If you want to be part of something special, create history and truly make a difference look no further than IT strategy execution!
Aviva have a fantastic opening and actively seeking a variety of roles to support the IT Transformation, we are flexible on location; ideally based in London, York, Norwich or Bristol.
IT is a critical enabler to the business and one of the largest areas of expenditure. A robust, secure and leading edge IT architecture is essential for Aviva to become a super accelerator.
The IT Transformation team leads the governance of all strategic investment for the Global IT function, which is comprised of 4500 people. The Change portfolio consists of 200 programmes and >£350m spend. Data led decision making, robust governance, pace, and strong programmatic diligence is needed to Aviva is successful in delivering its strategic outcomes.
Global IT has a significant year-on-year Change Portfolio of Initiatives, as part of a rolling 3-year Strategic Roadmap. You will be required to lead activity to ensure that both the IT-initiated Change Portfolio and the IT elements of Market Change Portfolios sustain Aviva’s current operation and enable future ambitions, globally.
You will be responsible for Change governance and associated processes for Global IT.
Nature of Work (the “What”)
- Provide one version of the truth and enable management to monitor /actively manage progress versus the strategic plan (Governance) ;
- Call out issues/trends/impacts, identifying themes and areas for investigation to support delivery (Planning)
- Understand the wider risk landscape and as a result proactive action can be taken to improve outcomes (Risk)
- Act on behalf of the “Bank Manager” and ensure agreed investment money is spent appropriately and action is taken where it is not (financials)
- Operational problem solving to optimise the running of the Portfolio processes, and to inform and drive the continuous improvement of them
- Majority of the role is focussed on the regular 1 month regular portfolio maintenance activities however some of the role will focus more on the 3-12 month view in terms of looking at Resource allocation, do-ability and planning for the portfolio up to 12 months in the future.
The Person (the “Who”)
- Experience of PMO within Aviva and other organisations
- Understanding of IT and Business Portfolios and strategy
- Relationship management skills with key stakeholders
- Record of delivering change and change agent
- Understanding of key tools e.g. PPM, JIRA
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £80,000 + 12% annual bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Zainab Ahmad in the Resourcing team.