Flexible, Bristol, York, London
- Are you the type of person that loves working with others in a fast paced environment to deliver solutions to simplify customer experiences?
- Are you a Change Agent?
- Are you passionate about doing the right thing and never settle for second best?
Life in the PMO, Risk & Governance Team:
Aviva Global IT is on a journey upwards, towards a simpler and more secure IT estate and a customer-obsessed culture. Our success is critical to the overall growth ambitions of Aviva. Robust, secure and leading edge IT is essential for Aviva to become a super accelerator and provide our customers with outstanding experiences.
The PMO team is a high performing and highly valued team, within Global IT, which plays a key role in supporting our 4,500 IT colleagues across the globe deliver over 200 change programmes, worth £350m, to truly disrupt the industry. We work alongside other Business & IT professionals, in cross-functional teams, providing dedicated front-line PMO services.to deliver industry changing solutions which have our customers’ interests at the forefront. The team itself is made up of a great mix of specialists and innovators from a broad range of backgrounds.
*Please note, we are flexible on where this role is based, however regular travel to London and Norwich would be required*
We are looking for rockstar change professionals to join the PMO team. To be successful you’ll need to be a rare individual, collaborative in nature with an inquisitive mind. One who is passionate about removing waste and killing complexity, who strive to make a positive difference and never settles less than the best.
We describe the PMO role as being the “Conductor of the symphony” when it comes to delivery of change; the independent view that guides delivery in the right direction.
It is a dynamic and fast pace role and no two days are the same. Working at the heart of our strategic programmes, you will set the standards and be the source of tools, approaches and guidance. You will steer programmes towards a steady state through application of the right governance, planning, risk, issues and financial management.
You will provide support to the Programme Manager for complex and large scale projects across the key PMO pillars (Governance / Planning / Risk / Financials)
The PMO will:
- Highlight deviations, trends and issues ahead of time (Governance)
- Actively call out issues/trends/impacts, identifying themes and areas for investigation to support delivery (Planning)
- Provide confidence that change is handled to clear risk tolerances within an effective system for predictable, no surprises delivery (Risk)
- Use your skills to problem solve operational issues and to optimise the running of the programmes being supported and to inform and drive the continuous improvement of processes and tools.
- Engage with a range of stakeholders involved in all aspects of Change activity to drive effective deployed support across areas
- Have day to day engagement with the Programme Manager
- Liaise with some external 3rd parties (i.e. Diligenta, Capita etc) on an outcome basis.
We would love to talk to people who:
- Have significant PMO experience with a solid record of delivering change
- Have a solid grasp of IT and Business Portfolios and strategy who are self starters
- Have tight-knit relationship management skills with senior business partners
- Have an understanding of key change management tools e.g. Galaxy, PPM, JIRA
If you have experience within Financial Services, or regulated environments, that’s great, but we are really keen for people to join us from outside of the industry too. The diversity in our teams is, in our opinion, what makes Aviva an interesting and innovative place to be.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.