Life in our Digital Teams
Over the past 2 years Aviva has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and we continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organization. We have built bespoke digital spaces for our teams in our London Digital Garage, Norwich, Bristol, and now we are excited to be establishing teams locally in Sheffield too now!
Insurance is ripe for disruption and that is what we have been doing. In fact, we are a 320 year old disruptor that is transforming the way customers engage with our products and services.
It’s never been more important for us to hire phenomenal people into our awesome digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy. Our scrum team’s work across a range of products such as Home, Motor and Travel insurance bringing in a combined £122m GWP and Breakdown insurance, pensions, retirement planning, protection and health. We have also created the award winning customer portal; MyAviva which allows our customers to access and maintain their Aviva policies. MyAviva has been so successful it’s now a global platform.
We approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set; passionate about delivering small, value-driven improvements, regularly and often. We craft brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products.
As a Platform Test Manager you will be responsible for the overall test strategy and Quality Assurance management across various Digital web and mobile platforms.
The candidate will own the specialist capacity and feed into the overall Global Digital Test strategy, design of automation strategies for project and application platform teams, engaging at the very beginning of projects or later in a software delivery lifecycle to ensure that planning and resourcing of test authoring, provision and execution is properly conducted by the teams, and to raise the quality of specification and test automation planning across the platforms.
The role will require on-going engagement with a broad constituency across digital platforms, dealing with development and testing teams who are at varying stages of technology and test methodology adoption. The ability to successfully communicate with senior management and business stakeholders is essential.
- Manage a distributed team of Test Engineers of different levels working on different projects (adaptation, mentoring, and supervising)
- Collect personal performance feedback, summarize and communicate to team members.
- Assist with skills development plan creation and implementation.
- Ensure career development plan is aligned with the strategic direction of the Digital Platforms.
- Assist with staffing of Test engineer positions on different projects, job description creation, candidates interviewing.
- Assist with test strategy creation on different projects covering test team structure, tools, automated testing, development methodology and risk based test approaches.
- Assess current test strategy and status of the test management on a project, analyse specific problems, propose effective solution and step-wise improvements and show how these are linked to achieving business goals of the organization or project.
- Establish and lead a standard process for implementing test management in different projects with standardized delivery based on quality KPIs.
- Act as an escalation point for major issues with testing and quality on different projects.
- Improve scalability; understand demand within the teams (utilising statistics), identifying opportunities and working collaboratively to reduce effort / cost by removing non-value work and optimising the resource mix of the teams
- Own continuous improvement actions and support teams to constantly refine their processes and improve their skills
- Strong agile test management experience with dotted line management and reporting
- Proven track record of defining test strategies for large programmes involving multiple applications and dependencies
- Good knowledge of functional, non-functional and security testing and their respective sign-offs
- Manage expectations of various technical and business stake-holders and communicate testing progress throughout testing life cycle including risks and issues, helping them to arrive at an informed decision for various go-lives
- Good knowledge of test automation and BDD, promote and influence ‘test first’ culture in various scrum teams
- Experience in people management, mentoring and performance management of direct reports
- Liaise with both internal/external teams and also with the vendors for tools management and optimal utilisation of various testing tools
- Experience in using a range of tools used within the application delivery pipeline – Jira, confluence, configuration management systems, continuous integration tools, deployment tools etc.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.