An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Platform Specialist to join our IT Platforms team.
IT Platforms is accountable for developing, maintaining and running the in-house systems and platforms supporting the Aviva businesses. The function is accountable for delivering secure, highly available and cost-effective platform solutions key to delivery of Aviva’s business strategy and is the source of Aviva’s software engineering capability.
The role holder will work the lead GI Platform Resource Manager to secure necessary resource from GSPs (Global Sourcing Partner) suppliers via standard resourcing processes and manage these relationships. You will also determine the required team size for GSPs on a quarter by quarter basis by having regular discussions with programmes that require resource from the platform. Furthermore, you will be responsible for managing the supply of resource to meet programme needs facilitating priority calls as needed.
We are looking for a Platform Specialist to provide technical insight and support to change and run activities on the GI platforms.
- Resourcing & Demand (Looking to size the teams to allow the GI Platform to support change programmes whilst ensuring minimal unutilised resource)
- Consolidating demand requests from Project and Programmes across GI, Life, Health, Aviva Investors, Digital, Functions (Inc Finance and HR), GITO, CISO, DR etc
- Monthly meetings with Projects / Programmes looking at; Last months costs and performance, confirming demand from last quarterly demand process and agreeing any changes.
- Maintain PPM GI Platform Aviva resource pools (Exceed & Legacy, Documents) including maintaining supply for Aviva.
- Managing Change & Run teams demand & cost and capacity planning longer term
- Managing relationships with suppliers; secure resources, create & evaluate reports against financial plans
- Platform reporting; identify & gather key metrics
Based in Norwich you will be supporting the lead Resource Manager for the GI & Shared Platform teams. There will be opportunities to take the lead for aspects of this work as you develop experience.
You will work with other Platform Resource Managers from other platform teams to develop consistency of working and will be required to cover each other’s work once up to speed in the role where required.
Experience & Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to develop relationships across the CIO area – Programmes and other Platforms
- Confidence to manage 3rd Parties and to deal with performance concerns
- Problem solving and creativity to deal with peaks and troughs
- Commercial Awareness
- MS Excel
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of up to/between £30,000 - £45,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Ben Dixon on 0117 928 3885.