The Digital-CIO Customer Data Team is at the centre of Aviva’s Global Digital journey; providing high quality, safe and accurate data about our customers, to colleagues and IT Services.
Our customers don’t always know it, but we are involved every time a UK customer logs on to my Aviva or our operations colleagues log into My Contact, amongst many others. If we don’t get our bit right then our customers and colleagues suffer.
We are a rapidly evolving team, embarking upon a tremendously exciting Strategic journey to bring Aviva’s Global Customer Data capabilities bang up to date, to ensure we fully support our Customer ambitions in an exciting Digital future. We have amazing support from senior leadership and a serious level of strategic investment.
A huge part of that journey is to build a modern flexible customer information platform dubbed, imaginatively, ‘3Sixtyview’. This platform will be deployable in any Aviva business unit and be driven by the data therein. Think of it as a product build but within Aviva. It needs that kind of thinking!
This platform build will need imaginative and passionate technical leadership. The technology stack will be a native of the cloud from inception with devops principles, TDD, BDD engineering approaches; underpinned by a ‘state of the art’ NOSQL database. 3Sixtyview is a major step change in the organisation’s digital journey.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Lead Architect and product owner to fundamentally get the vision and help shape it.
- Using SOLID full stack engineering practices to lead the development team.
- Coach and encourage junior developers.
- Direct and encourage more senior developers.
- Ensure that the definition of technical components is good enough for a quality delivery from the team
- Ensure that the agile practices are balanced to ensure a good delivery.
- Be the go to person for the triage of technical issues
- Liaise effectively with understanding and tolerance with other areas of IT the delivery is dependant upon – CISO; Infrastructure oriented departments; support teams.
- Help supply planning values to help the wider business plan for the deployment of the platform.
Skills & Experience required
- You will have significant experience of object oriented development and a practical application of SOLID practices and design patterns
- You will have good experience of Java
- You be experienced in Dev Ops
- You will fundamentally get how to secure applications and data.
- You will have a proven record of building systems that are supportable and extensible.
- You have a proven track record of TDD and BDD.
- You get databases and the journey from RDBMS’s to NoSQL and why.
- You will have a proven record of leading technical deliveries from the front.
- You’ve proven that you can resolve problems within the team and with dependent areas without undue emotion nor drama.
- You will solid experience of Agile Delivery methodologies and culture.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary: £40-£50k
- Location: Norwich
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Closing date for applications: 19th August 2018