An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager to be leading a team that develops and supports business critical financial applications hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This involves managing a team of developers that work on developments for several global business units and ensuring that changes meet the needs of each of them.
The Actuarial Modelling Platform Team are currently based in four locations with Run, DevOps and Development resource. As well as supporting and developing the current platform, we are part of a wider project looking at the possibility of alternative modelling tools. This project is an industry leading initiative that will help standardise business processes globally, saving both time and money.
Your role will be managing the team of developers across multiple sites. These developers design and build systems to meet defined business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance to standards for change initiatives, and maintaining a robust and secure production service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a consistent Development approach is applied across the Actuarial Modelling Platform
- Work across the York and London Development teams to ensure the quality of output is outstanding
- Be an advocate for the adoption of new technology
- Build close working relationships with Business customers as well as internal and external service providers to ensure continuity of Business and application service
- Own the shaping of development standards and guidelines
- Provide input to inform the shaping of new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives or projects on systems/applications
- Undertake design and code reviews to ensure systems meet functional and non-functional requirements, and be proactive in identifying where changes are required to maintain these in the future
- Lead on building compliant, performant and cost-effective solutions
- Manage a team spread across multiple sites
Skills & Experience
- Highly experienced in working in a Development team
- Experience of the .Net stack
- Elements of interfacing and modifying legacy .NET systems
- Proficient with Agile (Scrum) framework
- Understanding of code review process
- Highly collaborative
- Excellent communication of technical issues to non-technical people
- Experience using distributed version control, such as GIT.
- Experience with Jenkins and/or automated build systems/processes.
- Experience of unit test and automated testing.
- Exposure to Atlassian products such as Bitbucket/Stash, Confluence and Jira desirable.
- Exposure to Cloud computing, particularly AWS.
- Experience of Windows Server technologies – e.g. Active Directory, DNS, File services
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of up to/between £45,000 - £50,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Ben Dixon in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 3885 | email@example.com