We are looking for strong experienced IT Platform Delivery Manager to join our IT Platform team (Life Data & MI) to support the delivery of change programmes for the UK Life Business (supporting data warehouse and business intelligence deliverables for our core customers). Platform delivery managers are accountable for the end to end delivery of platform level change or for the delivery of agreed work packages into wider cross company programmes, and are core to supporting the timely and high-quality outcomes for the business and our customers.
As a IT Platform Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for leading on a number of projects of varying sizes and steering technical delivery teams through end to end project delivery life cycles (most commonly aligned to Agile methodologies). You will be accountable for the management, governance and delivery of end to end change assignments including scoping, planning, implementation, financial and benefit reporting and will be required to display exemplary leadership behaviours aligned to the Aviva Values acting as a role model for your colleagues.
Key skills required:
- Strong leadership, planning, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to lead and pro-actively support fast-paced multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience working in a project delivery role in a financial services environment in a data domain (Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence)
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Extensive delivery experience within large complex organisations.
- Ability to work within a fast pace environment across a suite of deliverables
- Data (Data warehousing / Business Intelligence) project delivery experience
- Any previous experience of Agile methodologies, tools and techniques e.g. Jira and Confluence would be beneficial.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Contact details: Vicky Gianre on 0117 928 4420 or firstname.lastname@example.org