£10.50 per hour, Benefits: Company Car
Blue Arrow Romford
01708 753 000
3 months ago
The role of the Patient Transport Service Driver is to provide the timely transportation of patient between their home address, hospital and other treatment centres and between hospitals or care facilities in a professional and caring manner which engenders customer satisfaction and confidence in our customers and clients.
The post requires competence in moving of patients therefore, safe moving and handling techniques must be deployed including the use of all relevant mechanical equipment, handling device and restraint/clamping systems including baby/child seats and wheelchairs.
• Understand importance of communicating effectively and with compassion to all customers – both internal and external. This may include co-workers, patients, carers and relatives.
• Understand how to use navigation technology to locate the destination required.
• Know how to administer basic first aid.
• Understand how to build trust and confidence with your customers.
• Understand responsibility to follow principles of safeguarding and protection of both vulnerable adults and children.
• Communicate effectively with individuals, carers, health care professionals and families using a range of techniques, keeping information confidential.
• Ability to move and handle patients, being mindful of safety of patients, self, colleagues and others. Ability to use a range of equipment and restraints within the
• Able to provide a DBS check with no criminal record/conversations.
• Ability to drive allocated service vehicle, as road traffic law dictates, in a manner appropriate to the conditions, and with due consideration for the safety of vehicle occupants and other road users.
• Be able to work efficiently as part of a team and have the ability to ask for help and support if required
• Ability to maintain a safe and healthy working environment, following responsibilities under health and safety at work legislation.
• Ability to keep company vehicle in a secure location whilst not on duty.
• Be able to keep calm in an emergency situation and manage conflict situations.
• Manage customers’ expectations and be confident of dealing with complaints and criticisms as part of customer journey.
• Treat people with dignity and respect, respecting individual’s beliefs, culture, values, needs, privacy and preferences.
• Be polite and helpful and deal with patients, relatives, care professionals and the public in a calm, caring and professional manner.
• Be able to show discretion, resilience and self-awareness.
• Promote personal pride in job through appropriate dress and positive language.
Salary: £10.50 per/hour
• Patient Transport: 1 year (Preferred not essential)
• Home location: central London (Preferred, not essential)
• First Aid at Work (Preferred)
• Clean Driving Licence (Preferred)
• Have no criminal conversations
• Be eligible to work in the UK.
• Have passport or birth certificate
• Have proof of national insurance