Temporary Receptionists / Security Support (part-time) - University of Derby
We are currently looking to recruit a number of part-time temporary reception/security support staff for 6 weeks, for our fantastic client - University of Derby.
You would be working as a key member of the reception / security team based at the Kedleston Road Campus (DE22 1GB). These positions are to maintain and promote the library as a safe, secure and welcoming environment to all customers during a 24/7 Library Opening Service commencing from Monday 5th November - Sunday 16th December.
Candidates should ideally be available for the full 6 weeks.
Training Days will be held on:
- Thursday 25th October - 9-1pm
- Friday 26th October - 1-5pm
- Monday 29th October - 9-1pm
We have various hours / shift patterns we can offer on a part-time basis (please see below).
Monday - Thursday
11.45pm - 4am - 4.25hrs
3.45am - 8am - 4.25hrs
6.45pm - 12am 5.25hrs
11.45pm - 5am - 5.25hrs
4.45am - 10am -5.25hrs
4.45pm - 11pm - 6.25hrs
10.45pm - 4.30am - 5.75hrs
4.15am - 10am - 5.75hrs
4.45pm - 10pm - 5.25hrs
9.45pm - 3am - 5.25hrs
2.45am - 8am - 5.25hrs
Salary: £10.50 p/h
- Welcome and assist customers to gain entry to the library
- Use library systems to check accounts, help with self-service and catalogue queries
- Pass customer queries to the library enquiry service
- Maintain and promote the study zones
- Respond to the security gate alarm
- Collect usage statistics as and when required
- Check email and communications book for important information
- Liaise with main site security and external organisations as necessary (first aid, emergency, fire or behavioural)
- Make a report of all incidents occurring overnight
- Be able to close the library in the event of emergency
- Liaise with library co-coordinator / team leader as required
- Good communication skills, spoken and written
- Ability to builds positive relationships with customers
- Good level of observation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use initiative and deal with difficult situations calmly
- Strong digital skills
Interested to know more? Please click apply today.