Do you want to be part of a community and grow a career? At Southern Co-op we work hard because we want to do well and the more successful we are the more we can give back to our members and communities – that’s the beauty of a co-operative.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Membership and Customer Services Advisor to join our Membership and Customer Services team.
In this role you’ll be responsible for providing a high quality personal contact service for our members and customers. You’ll be required to investigate and resolve questions and issues promptly in line with our processes and service levels.
- Answer member and customer phone calls in a timely and professional manner using the call management system
- Handle a wide variety of membership administration tasks including joining new members, issuing replacement cards, adding membership points from transactions and updating personal details
- Answering queries about membership benefits, Share of the Profits or Share Accounts from members and colleagues
- Log Customer Services queries and complaints, liaising with the relevant store, Area Manager and Central Support colleagues for resolution
- Liaise with other Co-operative societies and external authorities/suppliers
- Follow up queries and complaints within set timeframes
- Handle calls to Southern Co-op main Switchboard, transferring calls to individual colleagues, departments at Central Support or other areas of the business
Required experience and skills;
- Previous experience of working in a customer services role handling telephone and written communications with customers
- Experience of handling questions and complaints from start to finish, with the ability to problem solve in order to find a resolution
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and in-house databases / systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, clear and confident telephone manner
- Ability to empathise with customers and remain impartial
- Ability to interact and build relationships with customers, members, colleagues and external authorities at all levels
- Able to work as part of a team as well as autonomously when required
If you have a passion for customer service and the skills required to support our customers and members, we look forward to hearing from you.