At Air Products we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 70 years. With our atmospheric, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply innovative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Integrity Engineer to join our European team based in Hersham. You will be part of the pressure systems team provide ongoing pressure system and mechanical integrity support for Air Products operating facilities in Europe. The scope of pressure system equipment includes Pressure Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers, Fired Heaters, Reformers, Storage Tanks, Piping, Pipelines and Safety Relief Devices.
As a Mechanical Integrity Engineer, you will:
- Provide front line technical expertise on piping, vessel and heat exchanger systems in support of continued operation of the plant. The key drivers being safety, reliability and plant availability.
- Resolve any issues associated with pressure systems equipment in operating facilities. This is likely to include designing and supervising repairs.
- Develop repair procedures and inspection/test plans for fabrication and installation of pressure systems.
- Develop Pressure System Mechanical Integrity program to ensure safe, reliable, regulatory and efficient operation. The inspection requirements shall satisfy specific European country's regulation and Air Products' procedures.
- Explore and where appropriate, implement new technology solutions to enhance the cost-effective way in which the mechanical integrity of the plant is maintained.
- Provide pressure systems technical review for any equipment or plant modification in accordance with the Management of Change procedure.
- Provide technical resource and implementation for Credo (Mechanical Integrity Management Tool).
As a Mechanical Integrity Engineer, you will have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Confirmed experience working with a multinational company (specific experience on Pressure Systems with Petrochemical / Air Separation/ Power industries would be beneficial).
- Experience in design and an in depth understanding of the engineering principles on which the various codes of construction are based. Practical experience in fabrication is also required, particularly when formulating or assessing repair procedures.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English across all levels. Another spoken language would be beneficial.
- A working knowledge of design, materials strength, corrosion, fatigue, creep, welding, fabrication, standard non-destructive test methods. Advanced methods would be an advantage.
- The ability to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in a pressurised situation.
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status."