Norwich, York , London, Sheffield
Lead DevOps Engineer
Aviva Digital Overview
Here at Aviva we are transforming the way in which we engage with our customers and disrupting the insurance industry. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to change an entire industry. The key to this is delivering products our customers want, in a way they want. Digital technology is that key ingredient, with data and analytics at the heart of our ambitious strategy to become a “Digital First” organisation.
The DevOps Lead is responsible for helping define, architect, create and run an efficient DevOps lifecycle, including the appropriate tools and processes to enable the deployment of features globally into production quickly and safely to support our Digital Business.
What you’ll do in more detail
The role holder is accountable owning and managing all system environments and the development of tools and processes to enable effectively delivery to production.
- Establish yourself as an active member of Aviva’s global software development community
- Become an advocate for Agile and DevOps best practices through while working closely with the Development and Operational teams
- Establish yourself as a thought leader on key topic areas: Agile, DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing, Shift Left
- Help with the introduction of an appropriate DevOps strategy, processes, and tooling decisions
- Act as a DevOps evangelist across Aviva, helping people understand the benefits, challenges and implications of adopting DevOps, and helping our teams move to this model
- Work with our CISO teams to integrate security tightly in the development process, and assist with the move to DevSecOps
The successful candidate
You will no doubt have a breadth of great experience already, but we think to be successful in this role that we need someone who has:
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment in a medium or large organisation
- Experience with Agile / Lean software development
- Expertise in DevOps design and methodologies
- Influencing and negotiation experience & strong communication skills
- Practical experience with CI & test automation tooling; BDD & TDD; and current best practice in software and infrastructure design.
- Experience in working with one of the major cloud vendorr
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420