A stunning gastro pub/hotel set in beautiful Berkshire countryside. It is a landmark site and a truly special place.
They are about to complete a very ambitious refurbishment and extension, for which they are searching for a junior sous chef to assist the head chef & sous chef in leading a new team.
The refurbishment consists of an incredible, glass fronted, 50 seat conservatory overlooking the walled garden and will feature as its centrepiece a state of the art, brand new, open kitchen, with a 3 tiered rotisserie, Argentine Parrilla grill and pizza oven.
- The Role: Junior Sous Chef.
- The Location: Yattendon, West Berkshire.
- The Hours: 40 to 45 hours per week, 3 splits and two singles per week.
- The Salary: £25,000 plus tips.
- The Benefits: Meals on shifts & Live in available.
- Creating a genuine work/life balance for his staff by not working more than 48 hours per week.
- Creating a fun, happy, family atmosphere at work.
- Working with people he gets on with.
- Creating an environment where individuals can express themselves, be individual & flourish.
He has an unrivalled passion and flair for food - his dishes are a subtle mix of bistro classics and Asian fusion, they are quite simply amazing.
He is the most positive, friendly, calm & patient man you could ever meet, and is one of the very best teachers for young chefs. Taking huge pride in coaching, developing and inspiring his brigade.
Key responsibilities of the junior sous chef are:
- Delivering exceptional and consistent standards throughout.
- Managing the day to day operations of the kitchen, leading a brigade of 7 and up to 800 covers per week.
- Working in the grill/rotisserie section, and overseeing the larder, pastry & pizza sections.
- Managing all hotel events & functions.
- Completing the daily ordering and kitchen checklists.
- Adhering to all company Food Safety guidelines.
- Flair, creativity, passion.
- Enthusiasm, drive, individuality.
- A great sense of humour.
- A desire to get the best out of his/herself and the best out of the team.
- Be able to inspire, coach and motivate the team....and want to be inspired, coached and motivated by them.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.