I am looking for a Junior Sous Chef for an 18th century free house, in the centre of pretty downland village within the Vale of the White Horse region of Oxfordshire.
This is a great example of a quintessential English village inn, where the community comes together and all visitors from near and far are made very welcome
- Job Title: Junior Sous Chef
- Location: Letcombe Regis
- Reports To: Head Chef
- Liaises With: Head Chef, Kitchen Staff, Foh Staff, Suppliers, Owners
- Salary: £23,000 to £25,000
- Benefits: Tips on top average about £3,500 per year, 25% discount on food and drink purchased at the pub, Pension contribution, private accommodation in staff house available for £80 per week.
- As a Junior Sous Chef your primary role will be to assist the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef in the day-to-day running of the kitchen and deputise in the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef's absences.
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals for the pub.
- You will maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- You will lead by example and build effective and constructive relationships.
- You will communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Working collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Deputise in the Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef's absence.
- Ensure all chefs are familiar with both the day's and ongoing requirements.
- Ensure the necessary products are in stock at the required quality and quantity for the day's preparation requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers as soon as possible regarding any discrepancies in deliveries.
- Ensure each dish leaving the kitchen is the required quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- Ensure daily and weekly cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the HACCP plan.
- Manage and train any junior kitchen staff as required to ensure they can perform their duties correctly.
- Assist the Head Chef developing new dishes and menus.
- Ensure all chefs have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety, ensure all HACCP procedures are followed and paperwork is completed.
- Monitor portion and waste control and maintain profit margins.
- To assist in any other duties as required.
- Maintain clear and precise communication with the kitchen and FOH teams.
- Ensure products are packaged and labelled appropriately as per HACCP plan.
- Order ingredients as required and maintaining appropriate stock levels of these products.
- Ensure any maintenance issues are reported promptly.
- Ensure all staff are treated fairly and with courtesy.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.