I am looking for a junior sous chef to join the team at a beautiful village pub in Oxfordshire. This Michelin guide pub serves 100% fresh homemade food to an exceptional standard, using the best local produce available.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Working in a junior sous chef role or senior chef de partie role currently.
- Knowledgeable of classic cooking techniques.
- Trained in working all sections of the kitchen.
- Able to manage a team of chefs.
- Able to support the Sous Chef & Head Chef.
- Trained in the use of Microsoft office.
- Passionate about nose to tail cooking.
- Creative and adaptable.
- Job Title: Junior Sous Chef
- Location: Letcombe Regis
- Reports To: Head Chef & Sous Chef
- Liaises With: Head Chef, Kitchen Staff, FOH Staff, Suppliers and Owners
- Salary: £23,000 to £25,000
- Benefits: Tips on top average about £3,500 per year, 25% discount on food and drink purchased at the pub, Pension contribution, private accommodation in staff house available for £80 per week + Bills.
- As a Junior Sous Chef your primary role will be to assist the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef in the day-to-day running of the kitchen and deputise in the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef's absences.
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals for the restaurant.
- You will maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- You will lead by example and build effective and constructive relationships.
- You will communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Working collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Ensure all chefs are familiar with both the days and ongoing requirements.
- Ensure the necessary products are in stock at the required quality and quantity for the day's preparation requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers as soon as possible regarding any discrepancies in deliveries.
- Ensure each dish leaving the kitchen is the required quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- Ensure daily and weekly cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the HACCP plan.
- Manage and train any junior kitchen staff as required to ensure they can perform their duties correctly.
- Assist the Head Chef developing new dishes and menus.
- Monitor portion and waste control and maintain profit margins.
- Order ingredients as required and maintaining appropriate stock levels of these products.
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.